Dumaguete Info Search

super fast internet server..

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by Rarity54f, Dec 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rarity54f

Rarity54f DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I just want to know which internet provider is servicing Dumagueteinfo because this site loads really fast. Very impressive. I hope the site owner can share with everyone the name of its internet provider.:smile:

2. Tom2bad68

Tom2bad68 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
  3. derivative_guru

derivative_guru DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 1
    It's not hosted in the Philippines! And, if you surveyed 'Philippine' sites...I bet a majority them aren't hosted here.

4. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Thanks for the compliment :-)

As a matter of fact, there is no secret about that.

I am neither the owner nor the webmaster of DumagueteInfo but have enough knowledge about (at least I think so).

Fact is that many "local" pages/webmaster/webspace-provider in the PI make so many mistakes (even by purpose to rip off clients) that things are just not working.

There are several factors responsible that DI works most of the time. Like Tom and Guru mentioned, DI is hosted by Liquidweb on a VPS-Server in the states: https://www.liquidweb.com/cart/content/vps/ . What basically means that DI is the only site on that server.

Additional we use licensed and Pro-Software to run the Forum (VBulletin with vBSEO - plugin)

The content-pages are clean and simple coded without any sparkling,slow loading, mostly boring kindergarten animation - don't get me wrong, there are really good ones in the web- but our priority with DI is on Information.

Here in the PI and specially the "super-webdesigner/developer" and "hosts" in Dumaguete are just cheating on their customer by register a domain on their "company" incl. webspace for 5 $ a month and sell their clients tons of websites (which show up as "normal" domain-names but are in fact add-on domains) and hosting all on that 5$ host (like godaddy and hostmonster, just to name a few).

As their clients are no technicians they don't know they got cheated. I get frequently calls/emails from several business-owners in Duma who ask me what to do, their website is unavailable. One of that local "provider" had about 30 pages running on 1 of that accounts and did not renew his own, now the pages are all gone...

Those hosts are ok for a website and do a fantastic job. I use them also for some domains but use one host or/and dedicated IP for one domain.

Anyway, small side-note... Some "experts" will tell that you need to pay google to show up in the top 3. Well DumagueteInfo never did that and will never do that.

Hopefully I did not confuse you too much, but feel free to contact me for any further questions :-)

cheers

Rhoody

PS: Hope you do not believe a word, I never studied that stuff and 2.5 years ago could not even start a computer...

5. OP
    OP
    Rarity54f

Rarity54f DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Wow. I never thought that DI's service provider is not based in the Philippines. We usually only get it from Globe or Smart which usually give us problems. Thanks for the info guys.

6. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Well, my ISP (Internet service Provider) is also only a simple Globe line. I run about 40 websites over that from my house in Batinguel (plus borrowing thousands of songs and videos 24/7 :wink: )all this sites are hosted on professional webhosts in Europe, US and Singapore as most webhosts here are just terrible cheater, like explained above.

I would have no problem to use anything reliable in the PI, but could not find anything I would trust in terms of service, uptime, price ...

7. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    Wow! 40 websites! Hats off to you!

8. Tom2bad68

Tom2bad68 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    the hosting ppl in Ph are cheaters and you are just borrowing thousands of songs:smile: Hmmmmmmm!

That's Funny Rhoody

9. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    usually i delete them again... if it is something I like (like the last Rammstein or AC-DC) I buy them, I guess that fair enough...

buy the way as you might have found out, I was working 13 years in the music business, I got quite some sources at companies where I get thousands of songs still as a review before the release date :smile:.

having said this, there is not a lot I bought over the last 8 years here, as not much of my interest came out :( still stick to my "old" stuff. I arrived in the PI 8 years ago with my dive-gear a notebook a few shirts and about 80.000 song+. all converted from vinyl and CD's I own legally ....

I also buy the licenses of the programs I use. If I want support, I get it right away and do not need to wait until a "local geek" might be able to help...

10. Tom2bad68

Tom2bad68 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Sorry Roody I was not really trying to pick on you just pointing out the obvious. I have also read that ppl who download as you (have done so int he past too) usually buy more music that ppl who do not. The whole Copyright and record industry thing is a complete mess. The artist usually does not get most the money it is eaten up by the music industry machine.

Anyway I just found it humorous the way presented it in you previous post.

Since you like the metal I guess I will have to really increase the amount of fuzz in the guitar on my future tracks if I want to get you interested:D.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.