Dumaguete Info Search

superbowl

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by gerry_bc, Jan 31, 2014.

1. gerry_bc

gerry_bc DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +608 / 34
    Anyone know if FilProducts is showing thee superbowl on their cablevision service Monday. I know Sky is not. Thanks..

2. DGT_Visitor

DGT_Visitor DI New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Anyone know any bars showing the Superbowl in Dumaguete?

3. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    No confirmation on who is showing the Super Bowl.... but my bets would be on Wow Sports Bar at the north end of town, and Taco Tayo on the south end of town. Both are on the hiway.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  4. DGT_Visitor

DGT_Visitor DI New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Thank you. People (offline) have also recommended Coco or Honeycomb along the Boulevard. Coco said they'd have it, but the waitress who told me didn't sound too confident. HoneyComb is checking.

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    He probably thought you meant the really big soup bowls. They call those Souper Bowls...though they might be out of stock.

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Oh! yes, Now that, reminds me of when at another Resto, I questioned why she (the waitress) had brought a fork with the Soup? She said, I always bring a Spoon and Fork sir.
    But she got me when I asked what is the Fork for she said so you can dip your bread like you Foreigners do.:grumpy:

:redface:Sorry a little OT here but it sounded funny when I was writing it :wink:

JP:bag:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    Jack you should be happy,:smile: it sounds like you may have even gotten a logical reply to a question.:shamefullyembarrased:

I always notice that when I eat at restaurant with a mixed group of Expats and Filipinos, that the Expats get knives, spoons and forks, while the Filipinos get spoons and forks. Some waitress actually do think.... of coarse in the US they would be challenge on "profiling" their customers, particularly if they recommended "fried chicken" to some groups. :o o:. Politically correctness has gone too far in the US.

Attached Files:

8. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Hmmmmmmmmm Strange phrase Political Correctness. this will surely be the Downfall of man kind. As an ex -Hospitality Business owner I say what a better way to accommodate a client. Profiling a Customer is a Sure way to make that customer stand out and be special to make them Happy Chappies if done the right way, (All about Training) In the financial world the same thing Goes KYC ( Know Your Customer) If the FW ( Financial World) did not profile its Customers , Banking would be in a Bigger Mess than it is. :greedy: more and More Losses :eek:
    Problem is in this day and Age, the wrong people are making the decisions on so many things.:cautious:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    My bad on this one. Super Bowl. Anyone know where it will be showing?

10. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    :frown: Not sure I helped any either :whistling: has anyone contacted "WOW' Sports bar?

Just a thought! :redface: