Dumaguete Info Search

Swimming Aqua Center or other places.

Discussion in 'Hobbies and special interests' started by Garcia, Feb 20, 2023.

1. Garcia

Garcia DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +322 / 129
    The Lorenzo G. Teves Aqua Center in Dumaguete

Hi anyone used this for lane swimming?

Do they have a locker for clothes/valuables etc.

Does it get crowded, best times to go...

Thanks.

2. Pompolino

Pompolino DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +404 / 53
    Pre COVID went 3 or 4 times a week. Place closed for a long time then re-opened and promptly closed intermittently. I got tired of turning up with the centre "closed for today".

No locker for clothes/valuables but never had a problem in 5 years I went there. It is very much a community and people are very friendly and respectful. I would always leave my bag on a step where I could see it. Likewise would never keep large sums or valuables.

Only time it gets crowded is school holidays when they have the kids doing swim classes otherwise you will be one of very few anytime you go.

Best time is early morning (they used to open at 8:00) and pick the shaded lanes side as it can get pretty hot in the sun. I have never even had to split a lane but am sure people there are extremely respectful if you did. Showers are terrible cold and most don't work I would ride home and have my shower at home.

Let us know how you like it. I am living in Valencia and sometimes go to Pigeon Resort (near where I live) which has a 25m pool but miss the discipline I used to have at Aqua.

3. OP
    OP
    Garcia

Garcia DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +322 / 129
    Thanks, much appreciated information.

Yes discipline essential while lane swimming. Can't have people all over the place.

4. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090
    3 page (pools) topic here on Forum, some relates to Teves Aqua Center. Thread is a tadd dated, but hope it helps.
    https://dumagueteinfo.com/board/threads/pools.24214/page-2

• Thanks Thanks x 1