Dumaguete Info Search

Suggestion Synth Keyboard with vocorder Wanted for Church

Discussion in 'Hobbies and special interests' started by shakey, Dec 1, 2016.

1. shakey

shakey DI Member Veteran Navy

economic refugee
    Ratings:
    +295 / 8
    Blood Type:
    O-
    My church's sound system is dilapidated and am in the process of upgrading their equipment.

I have a few wireless microphones with headset ordered to replace stand mics that color the sound and also a new sound board/preamp.

If anyone knows of where in Dumaguete or Cebu that carries these things in stock please post their names and numbers. I scour OLX and Lazada every day.

Roland synths are popular but the older models are still useful like the VP-330 or the newer VP-770. Budgets are tight so keep that in mind.

shakey

2. Best Answer:
    Post #3 by shakey, Jan 6, 2017 (4 points)
  3. DS3

DS3 DI Junior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I've had a Yamaha E403 and it was great! Considered to be a digital keyboard, but has synth capabilities and durable. I used it with MIDI for many years (after which I passed it on to my daughter...it's still going after 8 years!) Mind you, this only has 61 keys, but you can get the sustain and expressions pedals for it as well. The sound is heavenly too!

The new version of E403 I think is E413 or so. Was around RM1200 Ringget Malaysia, so around $400 USD. Check and see..if you can, get to a store and try one perhaps?

Good luck in your search!

4. OP
    OP
    shakey

shakey DI Member Veteran Navy

economic refugee
    Ratings:
    +295 / 8
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Best Answer
    This is an update. I was mistaken about the synth it is a Korg and there is a local supplier for everything a performer or venue would need. JRS has stock and will wire up anything you need.

JRS is located on the street beside Y Y Trading, across the street from Bernardos in the market area.

For things that aren't available locally, I have found Lazada which on some items you can order COD which makes it handy to order a few days before your money is in the bank. Airlines will not ship anything with loose batteries so the vendors have to ship by ship or ferry or remove the loose batteries from the shipment. LBC does the shipping for Lazada and uses Cebu Pacific for non battery items.

I have also had good luck with OLX but it is a hassle sometimes to go to Cebuanna or others to send the payment. My last order was paid for on Monday and delivered to my door the next day.

shakey

• Informative Informative x 1