Dumaguete Info Search

tablets

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by hsemitara, Aug 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hsemitara

hsemitara DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i was wondering, if i got a tablet, do they sell wireless broadband hotspots there in dumaguete from smart or globe so i can browse internet wirelesly? at my home or whenever i travel to tanjay?

2. OP
    OP
    hsemitara

hsemitara DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  3. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    I have used both a SmartBro and a Globe Tatoo. Depending on where you live or are at, you may or may not get a signal. For example, in my part of Bacong I could not get a Globe signal and only a very weak slow Smartbro signal. With Globe Tatoo, I could not get a signal at Robinson's but got one at the Globe office. You can get a prepay load or a monthly postpaid, if you sign up for a longer service agreement.

But better to subscribe to a broadband service.

4. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    For the Philippines you better have a wifi + 3G tablet.
    Only in the city wifi is available in some hotspots.

5. Firefly44

Firefly44 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +71 / 4
    Just to add if you have a modern smart phone or iphone you can tether your net book or laptop to that as it will be the same signal for 3G as a dongle. I had a dongle here in the UK but now have downloaded an app for my Nokia and use that to get onto the INTERNET when using my net book. It does drain the battery on the Phone quite quickly so it is worth also to invest in a USB phone charger so you just plug your phone in to your net/Lap. When your phone has a 3G signal you can access the net not super quick though but good for E-mail and such. Take care .

6. kewl:)

kewl:) DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Globe or smart? Which ones you like. But you have to buy it from the courier where you want an internet. You dont need the usb dongle for internet. If ithas 3g then you are gonna put that sim in your tablet and have it configured by the courier service. Otherwise if your using only wifi enabled tablet then that is another thing. Sometimes they try tethering or wifi hotspots to connect with your mobile device. Courier service in the philippines does not normally provide you with the internet configuration specially if you are not buying the gadget from them specially Globe.

7. OP
    OP
    hsemitara

hsemitara DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yeah im confused as to what would be the best thing to do, i often travel to siquijor and tanjay and cebu etc, so i just wanted to know what would be the best way to get internet on my tablet/ laptop or smartphone. globe/smart has 3g? i will be able to browse it on my mytouch thats unlocked?

8. newbie27

newbie27 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    with PLDT WEROAM and SMART upon checking over the net, they dont have HSDPA (High-Speed Downlink Packet Access) yet in Dumaguete nearest cellsite with HSDPA area are Cebu, Bacolod and Dipolog. so expect slow connection. I dont know about Globe.

9. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    let's see... aren't you burning up your load when you use your fone as a modem for your computer?

norm : ))~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.