Dumaguete Info Search

Tambobo Bay area....nice tour

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by OnMyWay, Oct 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    So yesterday we sat off to see Tambobo Bay. Dauin is at KM 16 and the turnoff to Tambobo Bay is at KM 39. So, 23km down the highway and then it's 8 KM off the highway on a bumpy lil road that passes through some barangays that I would say is the "real philippines"

We had coffee and an omelette at Tonga Sail in where a friend told me to introduce myself to Nigel, the owner. Nigel is a boat builder and has spent his life on boats and been to 83 countries! What a character. Thoroughly enjoyed his conversation and wealth of knowledge on the area. Omelette at 135P was probably the best I've had in the Philippines. :-) He's got native style VERY basic cottages for rent at 290P a night.

We stopped at Monarch Sands resort and had a look at some of their rooms. Rooms are non-aircon and range from 1000-1400P a night. Some are HIGH up in the treetops, others direct on the sand. The sand there was great and could sift through a flour filter. The water...well, it had candy wrappers and chip bags and general rubbish floating at the waters edge. :-( Some awesome views though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We then set off to circle the entire Tambobo Bay. Some great ride scenery along the way:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Neighborhood Bball anyone?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. OP
    OP
    OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Along the way we had a lunch at Antulang Resort. 200P entrance fee which is consumable at the restaurant. Antulang is a high end resort and by far the very nicest I've seen in the area. Infinity pool which is great. After lunch, the princess and I hiked along the cliffs and down to the waters edge for some photography.

[​IMG]

The budding Photographer
    [​IMG]

Leaving Antulang we went to Kookoo's Nest resort. VERY secluded and tiny lil beach looking at the bay. It's 108 steps down...which means 108 steps back UP! :-) I did hear a faint sound of a generator running so I assume there's no electricity there in that location. A walk down the beach and 3 drinks later we decided to head out and go home.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. OP
    OP
    OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    [​IMG]

Met some newfound friends along the way

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What a great way to spend a day.

Cheers,
    Mark

4. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    Great pics! I've driven by that basketball court and wanted a pic of it! Somebody must have been listening! :D

5. OP
    OP
    OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    Thanks for your kind words. As long as i know the reports are enjoyed I'll keep them up! :-)

Mark

6. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    OMW, thank you for sharing the tour and info, as well as the other photos you have posted. A very nice addition to the forum and I'm sure greatly appreciated by all.

7. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    Please keep them coming! I am sure that if you stopped, many would post " Hey what happened! " Robert k

8. OP
    OP
    OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    cheers guys! I'm off again today on another lil side trip so I'll have another report soon....

9. The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Thanks Mark :smile:

Looking forward to it...

10. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    good for continuation

Really nice Mark. I go that way many times but never made such pics as you did. Keep 'm going !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.