Dumaguete Info Search

testy testy people!

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by california-jac, Jan 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. california-jac

california-jac DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    geez people why is everyone being so testy with each other for the start of the new year? i will be visiting your beautiful dumaguete in a couple weeks and thought maybe i would run across some of you nice folks. my fiance is bringing me there as its her home and owns a home there and wants to show me around but you folks are scaring me now! i like teachers open honesty and the humor of roody and the help that coyote offers so everyone just act like a famous statement made by someone here in california named of 'rodney king', "cant we just all get along"? so i still would like to say hi to some of you as im going by mikes dive shop as he was raised only about an hour from my home here in calif. (napa-sonoma wine country) and he told me to drop by and say hi. so people please,quit trying to out-do each other with bitterness and just take it with a grain of salt like roody and just say, what the ---- over! hope to see you all soon.
    california-jac

2. Coyotes

Coyotes DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    'hi and thx for the nice words, although not being bitter or having a go, i'm sure Rodney kings quote was.....Please stop hitting me officer!!! stop stop please!!!!!!

THE LAPD TREAT YOU LIKE A KING..... Rodney King!

old ones are the best, thx for reminding me of that.

hope you enjoy your stay, sorry i won't be here to meet you.

Be Careful!... All that glitters may not be gold.

3. davfitz

davfitz DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    For an American from California, you must have lead a very sheltered life!

What you see here is simply a display of individuality. If you want out and out hatred in a travel related bulletin board, try anything related to Cuba.

Here's just a couple of examples and I'm picking them at random from my collection of URLs:

CubaMania Cuba Forums - We Have Cuba Covered!

and

The Green Screen

Spend only a few minutes on either one of those and you'l cime back finding us a quiet, gentle bunch!

Testy?

Hardly!

4. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    I agree. This is much calmer and more helpful than most, if not all, Philippine forums I've seen. It really is the city of smiles...oops...

5. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    ... and I insult the grumpy ones after I am sick of them... that does usually a good job to get rid of them...

Anyway, there is a good chance to meet me at Mikes for a cold one...

Rhoody

6. Teacher

Teacher DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Teacher
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Sorry about the grouchy old men.

california-jac I apologize about the grouchy old men. Life has certain issues in the Philippines some things will not change it is the way it is just learn to deal with it. But I am sure when you weigh things out it is a wonderful way of living here in the Philippines. Life moves at a slow pace easy and relaxing there is never a hurry to do things. I lived there for five years. Now that I am away there is never a day that I haven’t wished I was back home in the Philippines. I miss it so.

7. short but sweet

short but sweet DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    california jac,

I agree with you that there are too many people who obviously don't have a life, so they need to spread their half-wisdom around here. On thing I see is that there are quite some "just wrong" statements and "my-way or no way" statements which can confuse readers. At the end I think Rhoody and the Dane are doing a wonderful job in creating this website and keeping the waves low. I know other boards where people really bashing each other or pinoy-boards where everything is just fantastic.
    Maybe it's just the weather...

8. rhyss25

rhyss25 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    what testy?

Agree! Here in Japan most forum for foreigners' main purpose I guess is to brag and shred each other into pieces. This website is one of the finest example, www.gaijinpot.com

I find this Dumaguete forum, what gentle foreigners should be.

Cheers to all!

9. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    Some here have had bad experiences and whether or not I agee with their philosophy I have learned something from what they have said. Even though I was married in Dumaguete, civil and church, and visit whenever possible and still plan to base my family there to live, I am pretty much sheltered by asawa ko and her relatives. For instance when I visit I never need to eat out, stay in a motel, or have to worry about local transportation. My wife has an extensive network of friends and relatives in Cebu and Manila whom she does not hesitate to call on when we need them. That being said I enjoy getting out now and then and I have learned more about what is available in Duma and environs from this site then I have on all of my visits so far. And as my personal affairs get in order I am going to make an effort to be more sociable and this site is a definate assist in that area too. So happy postings to everyone.

10. loftyone

loftyone DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Everyone in a cricle. hold hands and sing kumbaya.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.