+47 / 0

Attached Files:

3. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    Hey tunji
    tell me that's not you next to the tiger?
    Great photos mate....you are certainly enjoying life regards JB

4. OP
    OP
    tunji oluwajuyemi

tunji oluwajuyemi DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +47 / 0
    View attachment 9924 View attachment 9925 View attachment 9926 View attachment 9927 View attachment 9928 View attachment 9929 View attachment 9930 View attachment 9931 View attachment 9932

ITS ALL THAILAND AND IN CHIANG MAI FROM SEPTEMBER 2011 TO OCTOBER 2011..BAD FLOOD THAT YEAR ALL THE WAY FROM CHIANG MAI TO BANGKOK WAS AN INLAND SEA..MY SLEEPER TRAIN WAS CANCELED DUE TO FLOOD INUNDATED TRACKS..GOT REFUND AND BOUGHT BUS ON ELEVATED ROADWAY( someone had bright idea to build national highway on the highest ridges of the great river valley and flood plain)...giant 9 foot monitor lizard washed up alive and crawled into bangkok city streets,those things are rare but the flood was washing in from across an area from north to south and wide across as the horizon view from east to west...Went from bacolod to bangkok less than 20 thousand piso round trip that lasted 30 days..stayed in a nice hotel called whiskey trek,no tv or AC..it cost less than $8.00 a day for spacious room..Food was quite an adventure...elephant and tiger tour cost around 40 to 50 US dollars per animal park and to ride the elephants...the tiger,elephant and long neck beauty village were all in the sane region outside chiang mai.....Snake dropped down on me from above my hotel room door one day right in the heart of downtown chiang mai..lots of snakes there,maybe the floods drove them into the city historically built in the high ground area,the metro heart of downtown there was under 4 feet of river rise and thats where the fancy high rise expensive hotels are..sure there were canoe men running taxi routes to keep the streets bustling above water...

5. OP
    OP
    tunji oluwajuyemi

Ratings:
    +47 / 0
    well that WAS me,i have since amounted to better things in life than TIGER SCAT. And i cut all my mop off too...can you see the nervous twitches on me in the Tiger shot?

6. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    The only way you would get me that close to a tiger is if it was doped or stuffed:wink:

7. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    I thought he killed it at first, like Tunji on safari.

8. pfotoguy

pfotoguy DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 1
    Lived in Thailand for 5 years. What i miss most is the food. Glad Im not there at the moment.

9. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Bill, some good, easy to make Thai recipes online and you can get most of the ingredients here. i.e.. larb gai.

10. OP
    OP
    tunji oluwajuyemi

Ratings:
    +47 / 0
    Speaking of doped up tigers,i watched documentary later after this trip and how many tourist were concerned how placid and lugged out the Tigers were,and accused the sanctuary of DOPEING the tigers to make the pliable for tourist dollars instead of tiger protection.....The reply was that they feed the tigers huge meals before letting tourist in and thats what keeps them lugged out ...My tiger host had a huge belly bulge..:eek: