Dumaguete Info Search

The Boulevard

Discussion in '☋ Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment ☋' started by Jung, Oct 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jung

Jung DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Here is a shot of the boulevard taken on a slow rainy night...

Attached Files:

2. waterbaby74

waterbaby74 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    walk along, walk alone
    with the salty ocean breeze
    gently nagging the old palm trees
    walk along now
    with only a thought to follow
    while the moon has cast a shadow
    refelecting a warm glow around and above
    right here, on the boulevard that i love...

3. caymimi

caymimi DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Oh, how beautiful. I really miss this place so much. Most of the pics of Dumaguete I usually see are either ads or grainy pics from way back, but this one catches the boulevard exactly as I remember it (especially cuz the last time I was home was back last year and it was raining all the dang time:smile: ).

4. cheskaraul

cheskaraul DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey caymimi, it's even worse this year. The rain is driving me crazy. Going to the beach, climbing talinis or going on impromptu nature trips is hard because of the crazy weather. I have some pics of dumaguete's different spots if you really are homesick.

5. caymimi

caymimi DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Wow is it that bad this year? Is it me or are the rains getting worse? Here in Dubai it's supposed to only rain once year for an average of ten minutes, but just last year it rained SO MANY times and for hours on end. It was crazy cuz they don't have any drainage here (as they never prepared for freak rainy seasons) so there were floods and wet sand mulches everywhere, and traffic was backed up for hours cuz the streets were awash with water and sand. CRAZY.
    I'd love to see some pictures of Dumaguete. I truly am homesick, but I can't get there this year as I have go to California and Vegas for a family reunion, and can't take too much time off from work. I wish I could just drop in town for a couple weeks.

6. cheskaraul

cheskaraul DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh wow. That sounds awful. All i have to worry about is my feet getting sucked into mud puddles while walking downtown and getting my legs splattered with mud. But it's getting better so hopefully by the end of the month we'll be seeing sun shinny days again.

I'll scrounge through my stuff and post some pictures so that you'll feel a little less homesick, but from experience.. seeing all the familiar places usually makes me feel worse and i cry me a river of tears. hahahaha.

try to drop by. :wink:

7. caymimi

caymimi DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Thanks cheskaraul! I'd really appreciate that. I probably will cry, but I hope it'll give me all the more determination to save money and plan the trip home, hehehe. :smile:

8. cheskaraul

cheskaraul DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Right on! That's the spirit! Did you by any chance reach the band Enchi? :smile:

9. caymimi

caymimi DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    As a matter of fact, I did! They're great! The lead singer and his mom are family friends of ours. I bought the CD last time I was there, and when I brought it over here to Dubai I let it rip on the stereo with all the Visayan people there, and they were like, "oooohhh we wanna go home!" They totally lapped it up. Yup, I was quite popular that day. :cool: Hehehe.

10. rjmerit

rjmerit DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The rain was really bad here in Qatar in early December. Its the same as what Caymimi described for Dubai, little or no drainage on the roads and because it doesn't rain very often the drivers either drive super fast as if there is no rain at all or the go to the far end of the spectrum and drive super slow. The storms coincided with the Asian Games which made things a big mess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.