Dumaguete Info Search

The Boulevard

Discussion in '☋ Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment ☋' started by john boy, Mar 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    In the ten years I have visited the Philippines I have never visited a Bar, that is till I visited Dumaguete.
    Safety is most important especially if you stand out as a Foreigner.
    I arranged to meet Jellyfish at Bogart's Grill on the boulevard and Rhoody came along also, that was in the afternoon. we introduced ourselves and enjoyed a non alcoholic drink ! (sorry Rhoody if I just ruined your reputation :D)
    There was a nice breeze across the boulevard and you can watch the world go by without loud music or any hassles.
    I returned that night with my brother in law (while the ladies did some shopping)
    I met two interesting guy's one French the other Norwegian and spent a pleasant hour or so.
    I returned three nights in all and can say that the Boulevard at night is safe and patrolled by police,which is also reassuring.
    I did not stay till the early hours, but I felt quite comfortable to walk back to my hotel.

2. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    John, Rhoody's reputation is that he NEVER drinks an alcoholic beverage during daytime (unless he of course does not have to work).
    I have to thank you for the bottle of Grant's you gave us and will drink that nice Scotch beverage as a reminder to you.
    No, I did not start that bottle yet, but I stopped with being a (temporary) non-alcoholic.
    So you have figured out now that it is not that risky to visit a bar here.
    Hope to meet you once again, mate.

3. OP
    OP
    john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    Thanks John (J-F)
    Next time we visit hopefully it will be for longer.
    Regards John

4. Diver

Diver DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Good to see you here Jellyfish, did you received two of my textings .

Greetings J.Diver

5. SurfinUSA

SurfinUSA DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    There have been robberies along the blvd. Usually very late at night. One victim, drunk I think, was robbed then shoved over the wall into the ocean..

6. Rarity54f

Rarity54f DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Just see to it that you don't walk in dark deserted places. Always have someone with you, or if your hotel is just walking distance, choose a busy and well-lighted street. I am not saying that there are robberies everyday here but it is better to be careful.

7. lew

lew DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Are there taxis along the boulevard late at night if your hotel is not within walking distance?

8. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Tricycles a plenty!

Lew, Dgte does not have roaming taxis as the bigger citys, Cebu, Manila and the like, 1000's of tricycles for hailing or you can pre-book a taxi, The only taxi company I know is at the airport. Click on their site for services.

Dumaguete Cars - Car rental in Dumaguete - Dumaguete Cars for rent

Jack P.:smile:

9. ginni6

ginni6 DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    hong hong again surf in ussr

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.