Dumaguete Info Search

Food & Grocery The checkout line

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by grandpainak, Mar 14, 2020.

1. grandpainak

grandpainak DI Forum Patron Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    The checkout line “Senior, Senior Citizen or PWD”?
    I think it would work better if the sign was “Old Farts, Gulang Utot”. I an a Gulang Utot and I am not offended being called that because I am one. I believe the label “Old Fart” got started because of this; When you are growing or healthy and working hard most of the food you eat goes for that, muscle energy and/or growth. The need for food for muscle energy and/or growths is greatly reduced as we grow older. So there for a lot of the food is converted to methane. That methane is then filtered through a lot of, you know what, as it travels to the exit door at the bottom end. That is how I believe the term “Old Farts, Gulang Utot” got started. Now this theory of the origin of the Old Farts term was explained to me by me mother, some 60/65 years ago. I will have you know that my mother was a life long school teacher and I believed most of what she told me.
    Now if the sign read “Old Farts, Gulang Utot” may be the teenagers would think twice before getting in the Old Farts line.
    I have in the past left my hand basket with 3 items in it on the floor and walked out because of the number of teenagers ahead of me in the old farts line. Remember my bad knee and hip?:o o:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Perhaps I am off-topic on the subject of 'The checkout line' but I have now moved on to 'farting' :smile:

Good article here: https://www.agingcare.com/Articles/what-causes-flatulence-in-the-elderly-164293.htm

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1