Dumaguete Info Search

the little warrior--- MARION

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by c_rymz, Jul 20, 2012.

1. c_rymz

c_rymz DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I chanced across this site posted on my Facebook page...
    Help for Marion (Child with Esophageal Atresia) by Marions Sid Hendryx - GoFundMe

it got the better of me and I began reading a mother's plea for her baby..

i know that esophageal atresia can be treated given that it is addressed correctly... but it needs money to do it... the target amount to be raised is around 850,000 pesos...donations has reached 695 USD as of the moment via Help for Marion (Child with Esophageal Atresia) by Marions Sid Hendryx - GoFundMe

a little help from here and there will go a long way for this angel. I believe little Marion should be given a chance for life... perhaps we can come together as one community and donate whatever we can to this cause. I have raised this concern at Thursday Group. I understood their point. But I am still posting here anyway, hoping that some of us will take time in reading the plight of baby Marion.

I have asked Marion's mother, Abba, to register here in our community so she can answer questions of those who wish to know more of the baby's disease... this is not a money-making scheme... this is one of those times when we realize that we are humans and without each other, it is a sad place...

please feel free to contact me if you wish to ask anything... Abba will follow this post for your clarifications.. Marion is from Luke Wright Street, Dumaguete..

I have attached marion's picture..

much thanks!

Attached Files:

2. abbaliciouzzz

abbaliciouzzz DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Marion

Thanks for creating the thread c_rymz.

Hi to all of you I am the mother of Marion, the child with Esophageal Atresia. I am Abba Buenavista, a resident of Dumaguete City. I have given birth to a child, Marion Sid Hendryx Undag, whose birth took place 2 months earlier than expected. The early labor caused the infant to incur health-related complications. Shortly after, he was diagnosed to have Esophageal Atresia, a disorder of the digestive system in which the esophagus does not develop properly.Our physician then strongly recommended that baby Marion be brought to Cebu for further medical attention. Last June 12, he underwent Thoracotomy Ligation of TEF and insertion of gastrostomy. The objective of the procedure was to connect the esophagus and his stomach. Unfortunately, it turned out unsuccessful due to the long gap seen approximately at 3cm. As of writing, he is still under the aid of a mechanical ventilator. Furthermore, the physician had us advised of an immediate need for Marion to undergo a procedure called esophagostomy (the creation of an artificial opening into the esophagus.). Due to the cost of a ceasarian-section labor along with other immediate medical needs, financing further medical procedures of baby Marion has become nearly, if not, impossible. His long stay at the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) of the hospital among others likewise contributed to the fast elevation of the hospital bill. Admittedly, there is no way for my and the father of the infant to shoulder the finances ourselves. We’ve come a long way in seeking the help of friends, co-workers and relatives for the sake of helping us with the medical finances but still ended up way too short in the totality of the financial needs to pursue recommended medical operations. To a certain extent, we have sought the help of the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO) but unfortunately the hospital (Chong Hua) does not accept guarantee letters from PCSO Manila. With this, I humbly ask any help that you may be able to extend to baby Marion for his medical needs. I, with my family, will forever treasure any help you can extend. Should there be a need to contact me, I may be reached through mobile number 09156338845/ e-mail abbaliciouzzz@yahoo.com

Thank you so much

3. OP
    OP
    c_rymz

c_rymz DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    i am attaching some pictures of the baby today... i hope we can help.. thanks

View attachment 8576

Attached Files:

4. OP
    OP
    c_rymz

c_rymz DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
  5. abbaliciouzzz

abbaliciouzzz DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just today, Marion received an early Christmas present from an anonymous person whom i will name as Papa Santa. We are very much overwhelmed. From the bottom of our hearts thank you so much Papa Santa. God bless you always.

6. OP
    OP
    c_rymz

c_rymz DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Let me say thank you too to our Santa... you will be blessed more... i know u dont want to be mentioned.. but im sure u will be able to read this :smile:

thank you for making me an instrument to get your help through.. God bless your kind heart :smile:

may your tribe increase :smile: