Dumaguete Info Search

Review The Old Cafe Oxmox - Larena St, Valencia

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by Pompolino, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Pompolino

Pompolino DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +404 / 53
    Noticed during the week that this place had reopened and thought I would give it a try. It is still a cafe with a short menu .Place has good a/c and comfortable seating new Korean ownership and is looking to attract the growing Korean expat. I was there with my 7 year old daughter and we ordered; Chicken Nugget(s), French Fries and I ordered Aglio Olio. I will try to attached photos including that of the ice cream that was served to my daughter with their compliments.

Food was good, as was the service and whilst it certainly is never going to make the top restaurants list here it is worth having as an alternative. I enjoy Spice and Coffee Groove here in Valencia but I do look for change and will enjoy trying more of their offering soon. As to the prices I thought it was on par with elsewhere and will try to load a copy of their menu with the photos of our dishes.

Pompolino

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Huh? :o o: Aglio e olio? The picture looks more like "spaghetti aglio e olio e broccoli e lattuga e carota e gamberetto(?)"

Kinda hard to mess up spaghetti aglio e olio....the only 3 ingredients are in the name. Anything else added to that dish should be specified on the menu so customers can request that crap not be added to the dish called "garlic and oil spaghetti".

Unless I'm way out of line here and aglio e olio are also Korean words.

3. grandpainak

grandpainak DI Forum Patron Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    [QUOTE="Food was good, as was the service and whilst it certainly is never going to make the top restaurants list here it is worth having as an alternative. [/QUOTE]

We use to eat at Oxmox a lot. Tried it about 10 days ago and had quite a different experience. My spaghetti carbonara was served COLD. I sent it back to have it reheated, it was served again much wormer but a long way from being HOT. The spaghetti carbonara had so little carbonara sauce on it, it tasted like just boiled spaghetti. The cold water was not cold. I forgot what the wife ordered but she was not happy with her order either. The kimchee was the only thing that was up to par. The 10 centavo tip, ( I did not have a 5), was to emphasize our disappointment with the meal. Oxmox is no longer on our list of places we will eat.:dead:

• Informative Informative x 4