Dumaguete Info Search

the rolling pin update

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by filmguy, Mar 12, 2015.

1. filmguy

filmguy DI Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 7
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I had mentioned in an earlier thread about the rolling pin having great bagels but was very surprised today when I had there ribs. they were really good. Maybe my expectations were set to low but I enjoyed them just the same.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    That's an odd one. You wouldn't think a bakery (if that what it is) would have ribs. I will be giving it a try when I get back.

3. FilipinoGringo

FilipinoGringo Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +40 / 7
    Very odd. I always say, stick with one thing that you do very well and run with it.

4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    But it's the Philippines....they do things "their way". If a bakery can provide some good/decent ribs (and maybe make some prepaid cell phone minutes sales, sell some cigarettes on the side and then sell some beer in an outdoor bar after hours)....then more power to them. You might laugh at my seemingly far fetched sales ideas for a bakery, but it really doesn't take that much of an imagination to see this actually happening in the Philippines. lol (Note: I know of several bakeries in Dumaguete that stay open into the wee hours of the morning and put chairs outside where you will regularly see Filipinos smoking and drinking).

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. FilipinoGringo

FilipinoGringo Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +40 / 7
    My son has told me the stories. One has to get use to their culture.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1428667203,1428667140][/DOUBLEPOST]I had great training, thanks to Uncle Sam. LOL!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lorraine

Lorraine DI Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +69 / 21
    Blood Type:
    B-
    We ate there today and were very impressed. I had the Parisian breakfast and my husband had the Laksa. Both were great and were presented promptly by a cheerful wait person. We then bought a couple of the best croissants in town, a loaf of bread and a mini cheesecake. We will certainly be back to try other bakery goods and other menu items.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Had you eaten it when they first put it on the menu, long ago, you would have found more food on the plate and been very VERY impressed but unfortunately the price remained the same while the amount of food gradually diminished. This based on eating the Parisian breakfast about 6 times over the course of maybe a year. I still order it though. I just wish they had not cut back on the calories.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous DI Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 12
    I haven't been there in at least 6mos after indifferent responses to varying food prep quality.

9. Gabrielle_K

Gabrielle_K DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +198 / 39
    I was told today by someone who goes there often that the place is for sale. I think the price was P3M which doesn't include the building..

10. Irenicus

Irenicus DI Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 7
    Yes. I believe the owner is French and wants to move back to France.

The potential change in ownership could be HORRIBLE cuz I just discovered the place and ABSOLUTELY LOVE it!!! Had the chicken peso pizza and the chicken pesto sammich - super lami. Great ambiance and cool aircon as well. Staff is very nice.

• Agree Agree x 1