Dumaguete Info Search

The secrets of successful relationship

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by weena, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weena

weena DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Every relationship needs a solid foundation.And i have some tips here that i have been doing.I don't know if it's going to work with some of you but it had been helping me in some ways.Anyway.. here are the tips..

1.LOVE YOURSELF
    unless you love yourself' it's hard for you to anyone else will..

2.LIKE YOUR PARTNER
    healthy relationship happen when two people like each other

3.MAKE QUALITY TIME
    important things can be measured by the amount of time we're willing to give them

4.COMMUNICATE
    good communication is essential for a healthy relationship

5.TOUCH EVERYDAY
    touch is a vital human need

6.ACCEPT CHANGE
    life changes and not in ways we want it to

2. Panday Pera

Panday Pera DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    S = Sort out roles. Times have changed dramatically. For a successful marriage, both partners need to spell out and agree on their individual roles and responsibilities. If both are working (especially full time), both need to share home duties (inside and out), and help care for the children.

E = Expectations that are real. Based on our backgrounds we all come into marriage with preconceived ideas of what it should be like. Life can be difficult living with a perfectionist develop realistic expectations

C = Commitment. Contracts without commitment are useless. There needs to be a commitment to one another – to the well-being, growth and development of each partner. Marriage is a commitment of one imperfect person to another imperfect person. Without this kind of commitment no marriage today can expect to survive.

R = Responsibility. Responsibility as well as commitment are two of our greatest needs in today's world. People who choose to get married are responsible for their choice, for fulfilling their responsibilities, and for doing all they can to make their marriage succeed. People who have children are also responsible for the well-being, growth and development of their children. Happiness is a by-product of maturity. For that, each one of us is responsible. Only happy people make happy marriages.

E = Effective communication. Another secret for any successful relationship is knowing how to communicate effectively. Effective communication is based on knowing our thoughts, desires, motives and feelings – being honest with them and expressing them creatively. People who deny or suppress their inner feelings and true desires fail to communicate effectively and can never discover true intimacy.

T = Time management. Time – in quantity as well as quality – is needed for any wholesome relationship to flourish. By quality time we mean giving each other your presence; that is, being emotionally with your partner and communicating at the feeling level. There also needs to be quantity time; that is, sufficient time to meet each other's needs to "keep each other's love cup" topped up.

S = Spiritual commitment. It is still true, the family that prays together is much more likely to stay together. Be there for each other relating spirit to spirit and heart to heart.

3. Rarity54f

Rarity54f DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    That is why marriage to me is only for those who are serious but not for the faint of heart. LOL

4. Gass

Gass DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    don't sell copy/paste posts as YOUR own knowledge...

5. gmcvandura

gmcvandura DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    to me this is very hard issue::: BUT Heres my comment"
    first, 75% of womens brain is attached to their mouth..
    2nd, 75% of mens brain is attached between their two legs...
    Now the question is? how do you mixed this two combination WITH OUT CREATING A PROBLEM. and this problem will only come out after you are married. in the stage of courtship women only use 25% not yet in full force,but after that, wow" your hit by a tornado. ( am i scaring somebody?)
    dont worry its not that bad, if you find the right tornado..hehe. i have mine for 35 years, always beside me where ever i go. youl get used to it..

6. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    I know my comment is on the edge, but I like the combination of this 150%... really a hard issue, but in that situation, women can't talk and guys can't walk (away), so basically no problem..

7. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    Only the strong survive

That makes sense, the more serious you are the longer you will stay together.

8. gmcvandura

gmcvandura DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    SO YOU MEAN YOURE STUCK? OR JUST TOO TIRED TO RUN AWAY! HEHEHE .

WHAT EVER YOUR DECISION, I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. I DIDNT EVEN KNOW I WAS TALKING TO YOUR GIRL UNTIL GARBANZO MENTIONED YOUR NAME... so sorrrrrreeeeeee,. BUT OFFER STILL STANDS.. 20 CASES...

9. manaiahills

manaiahills DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Make sure your body language, facial xpressions and vocal tone are in line with your message. One study shows that 55% of the emotional meaning of what you say is xpressed bu your FACIAL xpression while only 7% of the emotional meaning is VERBAL.

10. gmcvandura

gmcvandura DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    my theory, remember this only my theory...

1) ONLY MATURED PEOPLE SHOULD GET MARRIED.
    2) THOSE WHO CAN SUPPORT A FAMILY, AND GIVE HIS MONEY TO THE WIFE
    3)THOSE WHO GO TO SHOPPING MALL, AND GIVE HIS MONEY TO THE WIFE
    4)THOSE WHO GO TO RESTAURANT ,AND GIVE HIS MONEY TO THE WIFE
    5}THOSE WHO DONT FORGET ANNIVERSARY, AND GIVE HIS MONEY TO WIFE
    6)THOSE WHO DONT FORGET BIRTHDAY, AND GIVE HIS MONEY TO THE WIFE

LASTLY, THOSE WHO CAN DO THE BED TIME REQUIREMENT WITH A SATISFACTION GUARANTEE ONCE A DAY.... YOU ARE EXEMPTED FOR THOSE SIX RULES, COZ YOURE ALREADY A KING. OTHER THAN THAT ITS A MUST THINGS TO DO , TO HAVE A HAPPY MARRIED LIFE....

BUT REMEMBER THIS IS ONLY MY THEORY' GMC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.