Dumaguete Info Search

The world cup

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by jimeve, Jun 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,854 / 1,022
    Blood Type:
    A+
    France and Italy are knocked out, England just made the knock-out stage, who play the old enemy " GERMANY " on Sunday. Congrats to USA wining the group.

C'MON ENGLAND :cool:

2. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Denmark out now too. The Japanese team played fantastic.

England got to the knock-out stage more by luck than skill, so although I will be rooting for them, I won't be holding my breath when they play Germany on Sunday. The usual crap from England is that they send out eleven players, while the other side sends out one team. No contest.

I guess we havn't had a proper national team since West Ham won the world cup in '66 !!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D

3. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    where should it come from when your Premierleague teams have mainly foreigners on the field.

Italy is another example for the same policy (no Italian player on the at the champions-league win of Mailand).

I don't expect much from Germany at all, just like to see those Kids (average under 24 and 6 from Bayern Munich) playing and having fun. second round, mission accomplished, everything more is increasing the fun :smile:

4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082

I totally Agree with the last 2 comments. Sundays game will not for me have the same seat Griping Inspirations that we have seen and felt before.
    Whatever I wish Both Teams well. England must always remeber " There is NO "I" in Teamwork.

5. greybeard

greybeard DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It was an amazing opening round of SOCCER (Football begind with the word AMERICAN).
    Ahhh what a great nil-nil tie it was... which game? Why all of them! It was so amazing, first one team wold kick the ball and then the other team would kick the ball around and then like, OH MY GOD, someone kicked the ball near the goal. It got so close to the goal the goalie had to put down his orange slice and actually look up! That was truely exciting.
    And then after the match Mrs Gorden provided Capri Sun juices and we all went out for ice cream!
    And then this time at band camp we all played our instraments backwards and it was so funny! Wow! Soccer is so cool! And so is watching paint dry.

6. Gass

Gass DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    .... so Football beginns with the same word like the word: Idiots ?

thanks for clarification :smile:

7. greybeard

greybeard DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Jealous MUCH?????

I was watching two cats "f" the other day and someone somewhere screamed out: GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL! Wow, talk about excitment.

Give me a Nil-Nil Super Bowl any day... and some orange slices!

Soccer is a "sport" played by little girls (like D. Beckham) before they start their periods. GIVE ME A BREAK!

8. West Coast Hokies

West Coast Hokies DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Thanks Jim!

The USA team has been a great team to watch and support, though not sure sure how many more late-goal games I can take!!

Keep it going...USA!!

9. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Amazing how one idiot can make all the good Americans look so bad.

10. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    :D
    :rolleyes: I take it you are or have been a Government Worker if you had time to watch paint Dry? If you want to talk about Football with the Oval ball OK, Lets talk Rugby, League or Union I play both.
    Remember in Dumaguete just yet you don't need the helmet. If you don't like Soccer then keep it to yourself and go watch your Paint Dry, I for one did like the Comment you made on the other thread, If football is on your channel just turn over and watch a cartoon or something.:cool:

Dick Head warning:eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.