Dumaguete Info Search

thinking of moving to Dumaguete

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by xm65, Jun 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xm65

xm65 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello. I am a single father of a 12yr old. My son and I are looking for a bit of a change. Dumaguete was mentioned to me as a place my son may enjoy spending some time in. Can anyone tell me about the schools there?
    Are there many expats in this city? Any expat kids my sons age? How safe and clean is it there? What about housing, is any readily available?

Perhaps some one from this lovely city can contact me on yahoo messenger...
    I hope to hear from you... thanks for stopping by....

2. eddy

eddy DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    moving here

I think you should have a holiday here first, before moving here. there are pro's and cons to living here. some of the things I like.=1 people are friendly. 2=prices are much cheaper than the west 3=documents and bills are in english 4= some good places to visit, not far from dumaguete. things I don't like 1= out of control barangay dogs, especially walking at night, remember rabies is a big problem in the P.I 300-600 people die each year from this terrible scourge. 2= the place needs a good clean up and sweep, but you could say that about nearly all philippine cities. 3= the heat can be a bit much at times. I am sure other people on this forum who have lived here much longer than me , will have their own likes and dislikes. good luck to you what ever you decide.

3. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    Talking about dogs,yeah agree with what you said .Though in the past ,they did some campaign all over to raise awareness of rabies and did give dogs even as far as the villages of outside towns anti-rabies injections .But don't know if it carried on over the years. I don't like dogs running free in the neighborhood .
    Though I read some article few yrs ago about some control of roaming dogs in the city centre and penalty for owners for every dog caught. If no owner will show up,they'll put away those dogs , perhaps ending up as pulutan in the table for the friends of those incharge . Wish the local government will give free services to neuter dogs and cats .Dumaguete and the whole province of negros has vets .But those vets are sitting on their asses.They should give them something to do for money's worth they get every month.

While i was living in dumaguete,I saw this pissed off owner of a student house next door,putting all the stray cats and kittens in one whole sack and said he will get a boat and chuck sackful of cats in the sea. I feel very bad about it though.

4. echir

echir DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
  5. OP
    OP
    xm65

xm65 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks... I will be visiting bofore moving anywhere. Just doing a little homework, to know where I will visit. I want to have some kind of an idea of what and whre before i get off the airplane. So please any info about the things I asked about would be great.

The schools, kids in them, after school programs, and things to do. My son and I found a paintball place near by. We both like that, so thats a positive.
    I hope there is a local soccer/football league. My son plays here in the states and I know he would like to play there as well.

One thing i am really having a hard time finding any info on is a place to live. So if anyone can direct me as to where I can get info on that, agian thanks..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.