Dumaguete Info Search

this post of new rules in Philippines in Thai Visa

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Brian_Goddard, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Brian_Goddard

Brian_Goddard DI Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 6
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Let's take some of the relevant information (along with the link for a source) and post it here instead of sending members directly to another forum:
    I have a few thoughts/questions:
    1. Exit clearance required after 60 days? That's annoying, but ok. Can I do that at a local immigration branch or do I have to travel to a main branch for that?
    2. "Immigration agency can require cash bonds on demand to ensure immigration adherence." I'm not sure what this means.
    3. Being "rude" can get you deported. Ok...but who gets to decide what "rude" is? (The person who is accusing you of it, naturally, but is there any way to contest such accusations?)
    4. New visa applicants will need a physical and mental evaluation? Haha. Goodbye at least half of everyone.
    Some of these make sense, some seem rather "anti-foreigner", xenophobic (*gasp* shocking!) and extremely prone to abuse/corruption.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  3. anti_crazy

anti_crazy DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +262 / 48
    .......Immigration Reform Act filed. Filed? What does that mean? Proposed? Not yet implimented? I see no reference to this anywhere beyond this thread or the Thai link mentioned......Or maybe not looking hard enough.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    I am not aware of that either BUT it seems to show a 'process of thinking' that should cause concern to foreigners here.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    A lot of foreigners were very happy about them blaming all their woes and chasing after the drug user bogeymen. They are going to grow tired of that when they don't see any noticable changes to their lives and look for a new Boogeyman to blame. The government will be more than happy to point the finger at someone else. I wonder what group that will be?

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    And see what happens to lot and house prices then.

7. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    They would just keep on selling them at local prices to locals? Most foreigners that move to the Philippines are barely pulling in what middle class Filipinos do. The only place you really see foreigners having a negative impact on property prices is in tourist/retirement areas. Very few places would see a drop in property value.

8. Ozguy17

Ozguy17 Ring Ring. Who's calling?

Ratings:
    +75 / 2
    So is this something that is being implemented? Or something that is being put through the Philippines Congress?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    If this comes about, makes a strong case for reverting to the SRRV.

10. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    From what I see this isn't passed yet and isn't being tried as a simple rules change. I doubt it will pass in this version as well. However the thought process is fairly scary. It does continue to show us the same thought process we have seen in the past that the upper class and powerful really don't like us at all but simply want our money. They know they need us but want to make it as difficult for us as possible.

Further a few of these are simply to open to interpretation likely on purpose so they can simply get rid of whoever they don't want for any reason by making a claim.
    • Foreigners will no longer be allowed to establish any type of business under a visitor visa.
    I'm doubting this is aimed at all at the Chinese but us who end up starting a business in our GF or wife's name to push us out of it more.
    • New visa applicants will be required to have a physical and mental evaluation prior to getting an immigrant visa.
    What guidelines do they have? Is being overweight, old and starting to break, having any kind of medical condition or disability enough to disqualify us? Mental evaluation, just who can do an honest mental evaluation here and at what standards? To Filipino's all of us westerners have mental issues of a sort due to how we think and challenge things. Plus WHO is paying for these evaluations (us of course) and where along with by whom is what matters. Another way to sucker us for money whenever.
    • Entry into the Philippines will be denied for those believed to arriving for the purpose of getting prostitutes or showing "disrespect" to any government official or employee.
    How do you determine who is arriving for the purpose of hiring prostitutes? Is it a solo male flying in because that is pretty much the only check I can think of to even guess slightly of that purpose. Or is it the destination (sorry, your going to angeles city or cebu city... DENIED).
    • Deportable offenses: engaging in prostitution, being deemed a public charge, being deemed undesirable, and being "rude".
    By the filipino definition of rude that makes 99.9% of us deportable. Simply questioning a service or business here is deemed rude to them. Saying a Filipino food or other thing is something you dislike... again rude. Also being a public charge, what if a false accusation is made about me and I end up in jail for a day does that qualify? What is the check for what is considered prostitution and does it require proof? How many ex gf's could say we paid them for sex.
    • Also states that the immigration agency can start requiring cash bonds on demand to ensure immigration adherence.
    This is a big worry because what is the check to ensure its not abused. Can they really just tell any foreigner for whatever reason that they must be cash bonded?

In the end its all the same. Any foreigner who actually thinks they were ever really welcome here in the Philippines by the government or powerful / rich were always fooling themselves. We are a direct threat to them because we disrupt the status quo that keeps them rich, powerful, and in control because through us slowly they lose their grip on the locals influenced by us (usually gf, wife, and family).

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Genius Genius x 1