Dumaguete Info Search

Today is the day...

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by The Dane, Mar 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    McDonalds has their grand opening today in Duamguete City :smile:

We will head in there later and take some pix for the site :smile:

2. Swany

Swany DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Hi Dane, thanks for the info on the grand opening of McDo. I could hardly wait to taste their hamburgers, but I am several thousand miles away. Do you mind telling us what it taste like? Thanks also for taking photos for the site. :smile:

3. averatec3200

averatec3200 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Today, Mr. Lance Gokongwei, President and COO of JG Summit will be the commencement speaker at SU's graduation.

JG Summit owns, Cebu Pacific, Sun Cellular, and Robinsons Mall,... to name a few.

4. earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Major Breakthorugh for Dumaguete !!!

Wow , Everybody is so extited about the opening of World's largest junkfood chain in Dumaguete !! Truly a major breakthrough for Dumaguete , Now finaly we are on the map.. We realy needed a MCDO .. What self respecting City can do without it, diba...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    Since this is only one step forward , I wonder what will be next...........

5. atlargex

atlargex DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Right...What great evil progress brings....NOT!!!:D

If those who can enjoying a big mac every now & then are considered evil...then call me a sinner...:D

Sorry, I just don't see how one fast food restaurant is going to spoil a city full of gentle people...

6. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    Thanks Dane ,nice info :D
    Will you please :wink: take even just a lil bite for all of us here ...hmmm can't wait to see this Dgte Mc Do and get a bite.LOL:D :cool:

7. pickled_newt

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    I am also a sinner,and "Anybody who has no sin cast the first stone" eh.C'mon we aren't eating Mc Do 24/7.Last time I ate Mc Do was in last year's August 3 weeks holiday in Bulgaria-Turkey.But It comes useful just to break the pattern for instance of eating all bulgarian-turkish food for longer periods in a different country. Although I only eat Mc rarely but I appreciate its presence... a good thing for Dumaguete.

8. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Will you get rice with your McDonalds dinner ha ha

9. earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Sure glad to see that we have once again a vivid topic here. Although the votes were some 52 % in favour , still some 41 % was against MC Do. In other words , just a small 10% was more in favour......... for the Mc Fake Shake.. that is ... Nice artifical Strawberry flavour , colorants, chemical emulgators, addatives , Icecream " thickner ", stabilasers and preservatives....
    Let me not spoil your apetite...by telling their Chicken burger is so called Composition meat.....What is wrong with the traditional Home Cooking ????
    Writings on the wall: In the USA and EU plenty of kids simply Diet on ONLY fast food and the results can be seen on TV ...
    Pckled Newt .; I have plenty of sins.. However for this one... You may hand me the first stone .. if you please...
    O well , I guess I will get plenty of comments from pro Mc Do lovers on this post again.....

10. pickled_newt

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    No ,will not hand you the first stone earlmj,you might cast it back on me...i'm not looking for any fight with your wife either.:wink:

In these terms of additives ,colourants preservatives etc I am all hands up,they are bad.But that's all true when one eats processed food not only McDo but from many food outlets out there .Also when eating out,you never know what these restaurants put in with the food flavour .This monosodium gloutamate the popular MSG in chinese cooking can be in the same line with Mc Donalds; and all those ready made sauces with all cocktails of hidden chemicals to make up the flavour. Unless you cook the food yourself from total organic produce,that'll guarantee all clear ,you know what you're eating .

But it's nice to eat out once in awhile ,not 24/7 :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.