Dumaguete Info Search

Home & Garden Tool RENTAL ??

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by Edward K, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +995 / 82
    Hi, been wondering if there is a good tool RENTAL place. I found one ancient (2013) archived post, mentioning a place next to Omega just before the Perdices extension bridge ??? Any others ???, already know about purchasing tools and those possibilities... Am developing future sources, but specifically now looking for a tankless water heater recirc cleaning kit (for this item only , please reply in post under duma city, not here)...

2. Best Answer:
    Post #10 by Edward K, Jun 12, 2017 (4 points)
  3. msls6

msls6 DI Member Blood Donor Veteran Navy

Retired
    Ratings:
    +60 / 36
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I flipped through many a Harbor Freight, Grainger, McMaster-Carr catalog, but I'm sorry to say I don't ever recall seeing one of these, even in America. Good luck finding one here. A picture might help.
    If this will be your first rental here, you might set the bar lower, and try to rent something like a hammer, a shovel, or maybe even an electric drill.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Jens K

Jens K DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +764 / 47
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    Speaking of which - is there a place where I could rent an electric drill capable of doing 6mm holes in concrete?

5. gerry_bc

gerry_bc DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +608 / 34
    I don't think you can, the workers would destroy them and you would have to buy it. But Rejoice sell "real" Bosch and Dewalt tools and good quality concrete bits. For about a 100 usd you can buy a hammer drill and they have a great selection of bits. Also they are the warranty shop for all of Negros and do super repair work....

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Would be cheaper to buy I would think. I bought a cheap (I think 1200p) Hammer Drill from Citihardware to drill (I think 16mm - the THICK rebar!) holes for inserting reinforcement bars here when we renovated. The masonry Drill bit I had to buy from (I think) Rejoice Hardware and that was 600p at the time, the smaller bits (6mm/10mm?) were much cheaper to buy than the big one. It has held up VERY WELL having used it for its intended purpose as well as drilling holes into the filled Hollow Block Walls to make way for Window openings, Doorways etc...

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. ShawnM

ShawnM DI Forum Patron ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Senior Construction Manager
    Ratings:
    +1,752 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I don't remember seeing any place that rents smaller tools; hammer drills, etc. Best bet would be to contact a member that has tools they would be willing to rent...me personally I would not loan out smaller tools but larger things such as concrete mixer, plate compacter, concrete vibrator, pumps would be open depending on the person, got screwed on a concrete mixer rental so we will be more careful going forward.

Shawn

• Like Like x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Edward K

Ratings:
    +995 / 82
    But anybody know of somewhere to rent bigger tools ???? I agree that it's easier to BUY the small stuff, that wasn't my original question....

9. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    There are Plant Hire companies one of which is down in Bagacay behind the Sans Rival Complex at the farmers Market the others may include Y Matiao so have an ask there they may be able to help you Further

10. gerry_bc

gerry_bc DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +608 / 34
    So I have read all the posts and agree with Shaun ... just ask to borrow. If you have in your years here made friends they will lend/ recommend friends whom will help you. I have a ton of sh*t I have compiled over the years and will offer it out to anyone who will not abuse it or damage it. There are many good members here on DI that will assist you buddy....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Edward K

Ratings:
    +995 / 82
    Best Answer
    thanks for all the ideas.....