Dumaguete Info Search

Town's with Altitude ?

Discussion in '☋ Other Destinations in the Philippines and Asia ☋' started by Firefly44, Mar 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firefly44

Firefly44 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +71 / 4
    Hi I know of Baggio (city) on Luzon and Valencia on Negros. Any one know of other Philippine Places with altitude ( cooler temeratures ) and some infrastructure.

2. Bebasguy

Bebasguy DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I understand that the Bukidnon area south of Cagayan de Oro is cool. They grow a lot of stuff there that requires cooler weather.

3. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Check out Tagaytay on Luzon. Cool and fresh atmosphere, but its' popularity is reflected in the rising house prices.

4. newbie27

newbie27 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    You can try, Cebu City, its called "BUKID" (it fogs a lot here) that road bound to Marco Polo hotel, its a 20 minutes ride from the IT park of Cebu. Other places: Los Banos, Laguna its where you'll find UP Los Banos its cold there. Tagaytay City (it fogs a lot here) its like Baguio but more nearer to Makati. Mindoro Island, Puerto Galera, its pretty cold there too.

5. OP
    OP
    Firefly44

Firefly44 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +71 / 4
    Thanks Newbie 27, Broadside and Bebasguy. Take care.

6. bounty98

bounty98 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I live up above Dalaguete on Cebu island. We are past the little market town of Mantlongon which I believe is at about 700 or 800 meters in elevation. Sorry not much in the way of infrastructure but it does get cool, we use blankets on the bed and there are mornings when I can even see my breath. It can also rain incessantly. I am from the Pacific Northwest in the states and really it can seem like a very similar climate at times.

7. balustre

balustre DI Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    I have been at the Mindanao State University campus in Marawi City and felt the
    cool ambiance of the place. It felt like Bagiuo (frightening though since I heard gun shots in the night).

8. Tom_A

Tom_A DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is an interesting and good post. I hope others will add more destinations that they are aware of. There are so many mountains throughout the Philippine, so I can't imagine there not being many more places with a cool or cold climate.

9. Kenny

Kenny DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Davao has the highest mountain in the Philippines and they are building subdivisions at different elevations.

10. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.