Dumaguete Info Search

traffic in Dumaguete

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by Zak, Nov 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zak

Zak DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    As a retired traffic engineer (from Switzerland, meanwhile with a SRRVisa) I am also concerned about the traffic situation in Dumaguete, and I think that a few, not very costly measures could significantly improve this situation. - Are there other people in this Forum with ideas how the traffic in Dumaguete could be improved?

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Sure!

:eek: Make it a pedestrian Precinct!

ZAC! Welcome to DI and Dumaguete, the World Centre of Motorbikes and Traffic Congestion. You will fight a Losing Battle my friend. Like Us, GIVE UP! Drive when you can, Park when you can, Cross when you can and when all else fails, JOIN us for a Cold SMB :wink:

Jack P. :smile:

3. testonilo

testonilo DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You ain't what Dumaguete is all about

Why is it that so many so-called "do gooders" insist on changing the world? Dumaguete is a charming, high energy, colorful city with loads of people who visit or move there because of this. Why does anyone want to "improve" Dumaguete traffic? Was this their desire when initially enrolling in college to study traffic engineering in their own country? Well, to all the concerned citizens that can't adopt to a land that attracted them in the first place, I don't appreciate it. If one spends 4 years or more of college to learn how to engineer traffic patterns in some other place, then give back to their own communities, live in them, and smile. That's what's wrong with the world now. A PolySci (Political Science) professor once made a very sarcastic remark that "What this world needs, is more people who know what this world needs." Of course I rest my case because you probably regard that as fact rather than sarcasm. Sorry Rhoody. An assault against you beautiful people there fortunate enough to live in Dumaguete is an assault against me here in Alaska.:mad:

4. OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    Testonilo, you say an assault?

I think Zak was quite nice in saying he's "concerned with the traffic situation" and how "not very costly measures could significantly improve this situation". His observation is hardly an assault. There's been several other members here comment on Duamguete traffic and I doubt they intended an assault.

The city's population is indeed growing and with that, traffic is and will be an issue. Eventually We'll probably see lights installed, etc.

Cheers,
    Mark

5. Suplado_C_Andoy

Suplado_C_Andoy DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

This kind of answer makes me think twice about making my own ideas public! Perhaps the temperature in Alaska has slowed down your thinking somewhat? I don't see anything wrong with wanting to improve the environment we live in. Having said that, I've been here long enough to know that if I bang my head against a wall, it hurts me and doesn't improve the wall. If I continue to bang my head, I'll be stupid soon enough....

6. Suplado_C_Andoy

Suplado_C_Andoy DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm all excited now, Mark..... You mean we'll see lights installed on motorcycles right?

7. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Zak, we have an saying in the Navy, "pissing up a rope"....
    Are you familiar with that expression?

Just imagine a long, dangling rope, you're at the bottom, and you're determined to p*ss up that rope until pee drips off the top of it.

It's kinda like that ;-p

8. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    I just returned from a week in Cebu traffic, So happy to be back!

9. ronv8917

ronv8917 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    As I said in another thread.....if I wanted the Philippines to be like the USA.....I'd still be in the USA.
    Besides, as we have discussed many times here, dealing with all of the traffic problems here "keeps us on our toes".
    Sure, improvements are needed and would be nice, but I ddont expect them to ever happen.

10. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Good one! LMAO
    Ron

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.