Dumaguete Info Search

Trash!

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by filmdude, Feb 17, 2012.

1. filmdude

filmdude Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I got to thinking today now that I am practicly there. I have always rented an apartment or a house and everything was included except internet and electricity. I never gave it a thought but now I am going to buy a place what do you do with your trash? I have never seen a trash truck Do they have them like other places? If not what is the procedure. thx for any and all info

2. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Probably differs depending on where you live. In Bacong we have two trash pick ups each week, unless the driver is out ill then no pick up.

3. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Depends completely on where you live. Where we live in Valencia we get pickup every afternoon, rain or shine, Sundays, Christmas, New years, EVERY day.

Larry

4. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    I concur with Larry, Valencia Basuraderos are the best! And it's just an open-backed dumptruck. We always try to take good care of em' at Christmas time.

5. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    We had it in Agan An until 2 years ago, it was 2 times per week, then the truck broke down and the Sibulan government decided we didn't need it any more. We give what we can to the recycle guys and bury the rest (we don't burn).
    Ron

6. guitarjohnjohn

guitarjohnjohn DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    a little off course here, but what bums me out is when people throw their trash in the street or on the beach etc...

7. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    It gets much worse than that. I have witnessed well dressed Filipinos on boats walk past a trash can to throw their garbage in the water. I was following a cop on a motorcycle one day up Colon extension. When we went across the spillway, he threw his plastic cup in the river. I pulled up next to him and informed him that was against the law.

His reply, "It's ok, it's in the water!"

Larry

8. progmeister

progmeister DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I'd love to have a good old rant about how hatefully ignorant these people are but I'd rather just say...

Attached Files:

9. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    A little correction on that one.....

I wish more people cared about the Earth as much as they say they care about who they believe created it.

10. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    I'm with you there, but those people just don't care about anything, particularly when they happily p*ss on any street and sh*t on the Boulevard.

I recall the trash truck in Sibulan (Boloc Boloc) collected every Friday last year.

Trash pick up here in Piapi is three times a week, collected before 6 a.m.