Dumaguete Info Search

Travel Advice for Mindanao

Discussion in 'Tourist Information' started by Jack Peterson, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    :o o: Nothing new here I guess, Just got this note from the UK Embassy about Mindanao Travel and it does seem to be closing for travel in that the essential travel area is getting Smaller, as the red Part is Growing.
    Whilst it was sent from the UK Embassy it will serve us all I am sure

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 3
  2. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,105 / 333
    And Dumaguete looks very close to that red part :nailbiting: only about 100km ithink.
    Plenty close enough for boat day trips. :jimlad:
    Maybe time to think on a change of address :inpain::dead:

3. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    The Brit embassy advice has been like this for some years now!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Did I not say nothing new here? Just a heads up as a little nudge

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    "Travel Advice for Mindanao"

Don't do it?

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    I'm rooting for the red. Anything which can help the traffic situation in Dumaguete is a good thing. Maybe I can hack into the mainframes and change Dumaguete to be red as well. Travel advisory. Everyone in Dumaguete is bat-**** crazy with bad manners and the service sucks. Stay away.

Dear bad guys. If you are looking to do a snatch and grab, go for people driving SUV tanks and pickup trucks. You can take those ****ing monsters back to the jungle with you. See if they are actually any good at off-roading or if the owners wasted their money.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  7. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    I don't think insurgents like long boat trips. An insurgents greatest protection lies in being surrounded by many people with many routes of escape, they would I think most likely filter in in ones and twos because they would feel like ducks in the shooting gallery miles from land. I think it's extremely unlikely that the coast guard would intercept them, that doesn't change the fact that they would be screwed if it happened. I doubt they would pull a major action / kidnapping and then try to escape by sea.

On the off- subtopic of the SUV, when someone donates the weaponized motorcycle, please get that d*mn white Mitsubishi with the limo tint windows driven by the night blind person who bright lights everyone on the south highway.:rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    And yet, that seems to be exactly what happened with the kidnappings a few months back on Samal Island
    4 kidnapped in Samal resort

9. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    Dave, from a quick internet search, it could have been a very short distance by boat. Charly was talking about a trip of 100 km which would take hours. I guess you didn't read the article you linked about the response generated?

• Like Like x 1