Dumaguete Info Search

Travel Agency that deals with ferry services

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by NYC, Mar 26, 2016.

1. NYC

NYC DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Retired Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +576 / 154
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I have a few charitable and church organizations that are spread around the Philippines so, once I retire to Dumaguete, I will need to travel around several of the islands on a semi-regular basis. Last time I was there I had hoped to use ferries where possible, but found that there is little on a Google search that provides up-to-date reliable information. I had planned one overnight ferry from Dumaguete to Cagayan De Oro, only to find out that the company had gone out of business years ago. (There schedule, though is helpfully still available on the internet.)

On a whim, I stopped into a travel agency near the cathedral and asked about helping set up ferry tickets. They don't handle ferries. Is that common? Does anyone know of a good travel agent that will set up itineraries using (hopefully) reliable ferries? I would pay a premium for the convenience since I cannot personally keep track of which ferries are in fact still running and when.

2. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    I believe you will find that a 'no' for the smaller ferry companies who actually require you to show up in person at a designated time and line up to buy a ticket and cancel their trips on a whim or on the whim of the coast guard. But you can find travel agents for some of the larger companies like 2Go.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. jim787

jim787 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 38
    Travel agency in small shop next to entrance to Maria Luisa Plaza Suites, across from north border of Quezon Park.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    NYC

NYC DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Retired Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +576 / 154
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I will check them out, Jim787. Thank you.