Dumaguete Info Search

How to Traveling to dumaguete then to danjugan island

Discussion in 'Tourist Information' started by mike25v, Apr 4, 2015.

1. mike25v

mike25v DI New Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Needed information on how to travel via ceres from dumaguete to danjugan island. What bus to take and what time it departs from dumaguete. And travel time please

2. Best Answer:
    Post #4 by rbrown, Apr 4, 2015 (5 points)
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Fastest way looks like Dumaguete-Bayawan-Sipalay. There might be direct to Sipalay from Duma but I'm not sure. My best guess would be a transfer in Bayawan. Once you hit Sipalay you should probably be able to get on a Ceres to Kabankalan and then jump off.....somewhere. Looks like there is a small ferry terminal here. I am assuming that you are staying at this resort (since it looks like the only thing on the island). I think you should contact them on what kilometer marker to get off of the bus. I would think that the Ceres driver going from Sipalay to Kabankalan knows where the stop is so you could probably just ask him to make sure he stops there as well.

Looks like a pretty amazing resort/island. Let us know how it goes and please post some pictures. (First time I've heard of that island myself.)

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    mike25v

mike25v DI New Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Will definitely do

5. rbrown

rbrown DI Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 8
    Best Answer
    Only one direct bus to Sipalay that I know of.....leaving Duma at 11 am (or that is what it used to be). It however does stop in Bayawan for at least an hour I think. The advantage is you have a guaranteed seat. If you take any random bus to Bayawan and make the transfer you might have to push and shove to get on and get a seat..... Last year about this time there were limited numbers of busses headed north from Bayawan. My wife and I went to Bermuda Beach Resort in Sipalay last April. A year earlier we stayed at Punta Bulata just north of Sipalay proper. We took a boat arranged by the resort to Danjugan for a day trip. We did some snorkeling, had lunch, and toured as much of the island as they would allow. I'm not sure where else you can get a boat to the island from.....can't help you there.

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. OP
    OP
    mike25v

mike25v DI New Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Thanks r brown. I can't wait to visit dumaguete this week. Be there Friday then leave for danjugan on Saturday. Back to dumaguete for Sunday to Monday before heading back to cebu Tuesday morning

• Like Like x 1
  7. rbrown

rbrown DI Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 8
    Mike.....go by the Ceres terminal when you arrive to verify the bus schedule to Sipalay....or wherever your drop off point is. They can tell you the best way to get there and the times busses are supposed to leave. Nice old man on Danjugan is the warden and toured us around.....hope you have a great trip!

• Like Like x 2
  8. OP
    OP
    mike25v

mike25v DI New Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    We took the route via Kabankalan. Left the dumaguete terminal at 3:30 am on an aircon bus via Mabinay. We got to Mabinay around 6am then at Kabankalan around 8am. We took an ordinary bus to hinoba an and asked to be dropped off at remollos beach in bulata. We got there at 10am. There we were picked up by the boat going to the island. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    mike25v

mike25v DI New Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    The place was great. I'd recommend the overnight stay there. We're back in dumaguete and enjoying the hot shower and air conditioning now. Will enjoy the city for the day before heading back to cebu. Appreciate all the help guys. [​IMG]

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  10. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    How did you end up getting to the island?

11. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    Was on the mainland (Negros Occ) in front of that island but could not make it to the island, having my own 4 wheels and no RoRo but only a pumpboat.
    I considered it too risky to leave the pick up behind with a w8 & C its still there when coming back.
    Ever since not been around any more. I found the place in the Lonely Planet (issue of 2008).
    There's also a sign on the highway, but keep your eyes very open and wide or you may miss it more than likely.

• Informative Informative x 1