Dumaguete Info Search

TRIKE FARES

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Jack Peterson, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. patty

patty DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +254 / 18
    I think it should stay as is and let drivers make a bit more. At the snail pace of change here by the time it is lowered gas prices will be up again. I always pay 10-20 depending on how far and good driver. Why is it so little to go to town but alot to go out from town back home? Always a negotiation to go home. Walking has become a nice hobby.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  3. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    Because when they deliver you to town, there are more fares to be had. Outside of town, they may have to deadhead to some place where they can pick up a fare.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Right, like the extra money (from what little there is from operating a trike) would ever go into maintaining the things. If it moves under its own power then it ain't broke. Doesn't matter how much black soot is coming out the rear.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  5. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    My partener had a run in with a guy that took her from hypermart to a petrol stn then told her he dId not want to take her to phill health as was agreed on for 20 peso before theystarted . she reported him and he was called in to the transport office she also had to attend . the man lissened to her story and told the driver it was a National offence to put someone off in mid journey and said he would get 2000p find and 30 days suspension . my partener felt sorry for him and droped the charges, he got 400p find and had to attend a day seminer . Why i tell this story is the officer told me and my partener that they know many drivers are bad but no one bothers to complain so their hands are tyed. he went on to say a trip in the city limits is 9 peso thats for all peddy cabs with a 4 diget number. they are not allowed to refuse a fare.and not allowed to demand a higher price. now i call out their number and say see you at the seminer lol it works . I always pay double or more as i take up a lot of the seat and not many will hop in with an expat..moral to the story speak up if your not happy

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 5
  6. TANJAY CITY ROCKS ON TUBE

TANJAY CITY ROCKS ON TUBE DI Member ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Showcase Reviewer

Hospitality Industry
    Ratings:
    +122 / 31
    Good topic!.... In most cases I will over pay a little and particularly if the driver and I can have a pleasantry
    conversation. I once took a longer ride out of town and we caught a flat tire. I chipped up for the long haul back and also the cost of fixing the flat. Made a good friend to boot! Pic attached.

IMG_3475.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
  7. TANJAY CITY ROCKS ON TUBE

TANJAY CITY ROCKS ON TUBE DI Member ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Showcase Reviewer

Hospitality Industry
    Ratings:
    +122 / 31
    Other over working Pedi cabs are just hankering for a breakdown:wideyed:

pillipines 1072.jpg

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
  9. ShawnM

ShawnM DI Forum Patron ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Senior Construction Manager
    Ratings:
    +1,744 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I've found most trike drivers to be pretty decent folks; the wife is the one that pays and the only places she has had issues is around Robinsons and the bus terminal in Dumaguete when a driver asks her what she wants to pay...she knows the cost and will get pretty pissed off. I've never taken a trike in Tanjay or Dumaguete without the wife so I could not say if there would be a price hike for me.

One thing I think is a huge plus here is the cost of getting around by bus and trike; the wife has had trike drivers take us to multiple places for shopping and generally they want to carry things into the house...until they see all the dogs that is.

Shawn

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Looks like the trike drivers are not too happy about the lower fares, they are presently staging a protest around the robinsons/Ceres bus terminal area.