Dumaguete Info Search

Trikes are hard....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Manzanita, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    As Kuya just learned, trikes are f'ing hard. They're made of rebar.... O-|

View attachment 9901

Hell, KLR650's are stronger then this guys car. :cool:

Attached Files:

2. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    The "Family Tricycle" I bought for Private Transport has a mile of Reo Bar making up the framework, when I get back I want to get some extra reinforcing done to it to tie it to the Bike better as it does a fair bit of shaking/vibrating when driving into Dumaguete from Zamboanguita, as well as extending the foot well so I am not so cramped up!! :D lol I also want to fit up some Spotlights and LED Lighting so it appears to be a small Truck motoring down the Highway so that *maybe* Buses and Trucks stop overtaking pushing us off of the road on the way home after dark... :(

3. Gabrielle_K

Gabrielle_K DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +198 / 39
    My guess is the rear section where the luggage gets tied on is patterned after a 57 Ford?

4. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I was looking at the exact same thing while I was there, all of them have a touch of '57 T Bird in the rear styling department, yet I saw only one where the Tail lights should be, the rest have missed the mark completely :wink:

5. brian ausie

brian ausie DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
    Part of the trick is to do a reasonable speed on the highway, I mean 80km not 25 to maybe 50km, as a driver of a car it’s so hard to see you guys at night especially with the crap or no rear lighting, and then parcel that with a trike going 30km and a car or bus doing 80km plus, is a recipe for disaster.
    Some guys get the trikes moving but it is not the norm, I guess they don’t want to burn the gass, don’t want to replace that broken tail light globe either, but will spend money on a noisy muffler and a gut full of grog.

6. brian ausie

brian ausie DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
    car, 2 weeks off the road and maybe 10 to 20K for repairs, trike P100 for can of spray paint, and go chase you licence at Cebu LTO.