Dumaguete Info Search

Trip To USA Update

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Ten Twenty Lenny, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Ten Twenty Lenny

Ten Twenty Lenny DI Member

Ratings:
    +109 / 3
    Hello..Don't do much conversation here ...But my buddy kept telling me i should tell my story and it would make for good reading...So..................My daughter works for an airline and she got me a stand-by ticket on Delta...I had to be in Manila on Thursday to catch a flight leaving early Friday Morn.... Did this 3 times and got Bumped every time...Finally we just bought a one way ticket to L A via Pal non stop........Do to this I wasn't able to spend a planned week with my kids because of the delay..But went to Vegas hooked up saw some of my kids there and then went to South Dakota (Deadwood) and stayed with 2 sons there and went back to work with them on there car lot sold a couple of cars there to buy tickets back home and stop in Reno for 2 days and see a couple of more kids however when i was suppose to leave Friday from South Dakota I got a call from the airline saying the flight was cancelled...#$#@#$#@........I then had to pay almost $800.00 with baggage on United to get to Reno early Saturday morning...That worked out fine except it hurt pocket book wise....I then went to Vegas were my Daughter works for the airline and shopped 1 day and then flew her Airline (free) back to L A and waited for the Pal non stop flight...Here's the catch in L A Pal says you can have 50K on free luggage I made sure I had 2 boxes at 25k each...But...when you get to Manila they tell you you an only have 30k of free luggage and if you did not buy your domestic flight back home beforehand and add extra baggage allowance your going to pay alot of money to get your baggage home.......I did not buy a ticket beforehand from Manila because of all the problems I had had along the way .... big mistake they told me the flight was sold out but I could buy a Businees class seat which I did had no choice.... had to get home and that cost me 6500p plus 3000p for my luggage...I walked the aisle of the flight once in the air and there was 4 open seats??? Maybe the agent wanted a bigger commision ??? wow a lesson learned...

2. baltoed

baltoed DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +18 / 6
    I flew in from the USA and had my wife meet me in Manila..we stayed 2 days and did *Manila* stuff..then we went and got the best price seats we could..We did the balance act with PAL or Cebu Pacific.. got the same crap about 30k not the 50 I brought with me..which was the reason I wasnt worried because I have my wife so 25 & 25 right? Ok they say I can come back in 30..come back in 60 come back in 90 minutes to get my tickets...REFUSED..they said I could only get 10k each no matter what!!..
    Lotsa cussin then.. I went back to the hotel.

The Mrs stayed and did battle and went to the main office of PAL in Ermita.

Much longer story shortened ::

So at least that week ...as rules seem to change like they are written in wet sand at low tide...that week we were allowed to cash in the tickets we purchased.. Buy FULL FARE tickets..and they *permitted* us to then buy the 30K luggage each.. Your results will most likely vary. I noted that all airlines *always* say all their flights are fully booked..My long hop..from Detroit to Osaka had at least 30 empty seats in the Econ Comfort section ( additional $400 usd RT )

3. OP
    OP
    Ten Twenty Lenny

Ten Twenty Lenny DI Member

Ratings:
    +109 / 3
    Not cool '''''''