Dumaguete Info Search

Tropical depression Hagupit. ( RUBY )

Discussion in 'News and Weather' started by Firefly44, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Firefly44

Firefly44 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +71 / 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
  2. rbrown

rbrown DI Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 8
    Another similar graphic for those interested.....appears it is predicted to go north of those of us here in Duma

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 3
  3. patty

patty DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +254 / 18
    Thanks for all the weather info, much better than any tv station. Hope it goes out to sea.

4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    :eek: Just have to postpone this weeks sailing :wink: Storm.jpg :p kidding! I couldn't afford the sailcloth:oops: But please be careful, those that set forth in this unpredictable weather

JP

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    This is why I like earthquakes better than typhoons. There really is no anxiety with earthquakes coming... There is no earth quake season... there are no days of anticipation... when and when with it hit, oh it changed direction... opps it changed back..
    Most earthquakes are identified by the term "what was that? followed by " I think that was an earthquake" followed by "are you OK." followed by "do you have any more cold beer?"
    In three years the most devastating effects for me in regards to typhoons has been the lost of power, and unfrozen food. There is usually high blood pressure associated with the cable TV cutting service a few hours before the typhoon arrival so no one knows what is happenings and so you have no emergency information, and then of coarse the electrical supplies turning off the power in anticipation of the typhoon.. just to insure that we are all kept in the dark in more than one way. I am always relieved when my neighbors wake me and tell me it has gone by already.
    I do understand that others suffer looses. It happens every where in the world with earthquakes, typhoons, hurricane etc. I have just been bless so far in my life.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    sorry, i can not help my self ,rubbbyyy dont bring your wind to town

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. johncarson

johncarson DI Member Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +252 / 19
    It's a full on typhoon now - may be upgraded to super-typhoon soon. Best source I've found for keeping up with predicted tracks is:
    http://www.typhoon2000.ph/
    Interesting in-depth discussion can be found here:
    http://www.westernpacificweather.com/
    As of now, we don't appear to be in its direct path, but looks like we could be getting some strong wind and rain probably beginning Friday night, with full fury Saturday.

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. johncarson

johncarson DI Member Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +252 / 19
    When it reaches the Philippine Area of Responsibility (PAR) it will be called Typhoon Ruby.

9. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Interesting phrase that, the (PAR)
    We all know, that no one, will want to take any Responsibility Before during or After as always.

Just take any Aid cash Donated and have a few jollies.:mad:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    I think after Typhoon Season comes Corruption Season, when all the politicians get all the cash aid donations to aid their clans, or is that season all year round? :rolleyes:Thank God the Typhoon season comes close to Christmas season so the local citizens do not have to finance the political clans Christmas celebrations. :wink: It is now an international financed endeavor.... I just hope they can justify, account for, the last season's donations in time to get more for this Yule Time season.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2014