Dumaguete Info Search

Troubles finding affordable rental apartment in/near Dumaguete

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by nomad4ever, May 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nomad4ever

nomad4ever DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good afternoon! Can someone give me any tips on how to find a small, affordable, fully furnished apartment (1-bedroom) to rent on a monthly base in or near Dumaguete?

I was thinking something around 5.000-10.000 Peso/month at most, but all places I ran into so far are asking much more. For instance 'Apo Vista' near Dauin (in the middle of nowhere) 15.000 Peso or the nice/big apartments next to Edelweiss Restaurant, they want 24.000 Peso/month.

Yeah I'm a white guy, but not *that* rich; but aren't there any affordable deals available?

How would you go ahead to find a cheaper place to stay?

Many thanks!

;-)

2. derivative_guru

derivative_guru DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 1
    Well, if you are looking on the internet, you will get ridiculously high prices that no one around here actually pays. About 30 meters from me is a duplex, which is less than 2 years old with 3 bedroom/1 bath units. The price quoted to my white friend was P12T...the price for my Filipina wife was P7T. That is reality. If you life her to help you find a place, just PM me. I think you will never find a good price on the internet and it's always best to have a filipino agent you can trust working on your behalf.

3. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    you look at tourist spots....

at present there are countless apartments all over Dumaguete for 5 - 12 K available. It's really hard to miss them. Just drive aroun one day and tell them what you are willing to pay after they told you the price they ant. no real ned for sending somebody.

Show them a handfull cash and they go for your price.

cheers

Rhoody

4. OP
    OP
    nomad4ever

nomad4ever DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Okay, I think I will probably not rent monthly, but follow through with the tricycle idea and stay at cheaper hotels. This way I see more of the country than just 1 location (a mistake I made when staying only in Goa/India before).

Maybe I will rent weekly, when finding a nice area to explore. Anyway - thanks for your valuable tips and ideas! ;-)

5. julieta

julieta DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Find image bank it is beside landbank

6. OP
    OP
    nomad4ever

nomad4ever DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi julieta, thanks for the great tips! Where is that image bank you mentioned? I was thinking also of Valencia (it seems to be nicely cool), but still pondering also of just buying a used tricycle and roaming around the islands.

So then it would probably be better to rent rather weekly than monthly. Arlglglglgl! Can't decide what to do....

7. pecoskid45

pecoskid45 DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
  8. OP
    OP
    nomad4ever

nomad4ever DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks pecoskid45 for the tip! We decided now to not stay very much longer, but better roam around the islands to see more in a short time. ;-)

9. bikerdave

bikerdave DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 1

10. OP
    OP
    nomad4ever

nomad4ever DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I must agree with Bikerdave, the rooms at Private Garden Resort are very lovely and very affordable! We checked them out a few days back.

Just decided to stick with our hotel room downtown for now (short proximity to everything), as we expect to move on any day now and would need to rent a bike for the whole time otherwise.

If I'd know that everything here takes longer than expected....argllglgl! ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.