Dumaguete Info Search

Twin Lakes rip off!!!!!

Discussion in 'Tourist Information' started by gerry_bc, Nov 13, 2011.

1. gerry_bc

gerry_bc DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +608 / 34
    So... my brothers here from Canada for a visit, Takes a "pinoy" lady friend for a look at Twin Lakes and guess what the cost was to look around???/
    10 pesos for the Pinoy and 100 pesos for him. Small wonder there are no tourists here a second time. Discrimination against people from other countries when it comes to visiting some of the local attractions.....
    What a disgrace!!Shame on the Tourist Industry whomever makes these decisions and fees!!!!!!

2. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    About 8-9 years ago the wife and I set out to go to Apo Island. At that time the cost of the boat, one way, was quoted as P25 for her, and P700 for me. That was just to get there, mind you. To this day we have never tried to go back.

Larry

3. andiflip

andiflip DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +491 / 173
    The list goes on and on... what about "Green Fee's" at the golf courses, Hospitals, Restaurants etc. If we did that in our home country's the tourists would be screaming bloody murder and threatening to go to court for "Discrimination". And don't say its because we have more money.. I golf occasionally and no way i could afford to drive what our "Poor Filipino" friends can afford.. What a load of crap.. Still waiting for the sign at the airport.. "Attn. All Foreigners, please go to the red aisle and turn over your money and take the next plane out"
    Rand Over.

4. ViperACR

ViperACR DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So how about stopping by the Tourism Office at Quezon Park and letting them know how we feel about the double standard?

But if Twin Lakes is out of the jurisdiction of Dgte govt, then who would you complain to?

They be bemused for sure...just another complaining foreigner !

5. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    In more civilized countries like USA and the majority of Europe it's out the question that double pricing system. But no need to explain that the PH authorities, not talking about their population, cannot be considered that way and still have a long way to go. But who cares as long as the president is promising a steady stream of foreign investors and tourists as well.

6. sfgb35

sfgb35 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Can i ask, when you went to Twin lakes, did you get the boat to the other side, because the path is out ?
    Yes, the path has suffered from a little landslide, but its passable . . . .

7. amy

amy DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was there 2 months ago with my BF, we also got angry about the rip off and were told by the women in charge
    who sells the entry tickets the area is managed by the DENR people. the woman told her salary is 2000/month
    I dont know if its true.......... could be ...... the DENR people are known to be corrupt and .........

we went back, didnt purchase tickets for the lakes ......... they dont deserve it any better

8. andiflip

andiflip DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +491 / 173
    I worked in the Middle East for many many years and know a lot of people who go on yearly vacations to Malaysia and Thailand but very few who have been here more than once because of the rip off that starts at the airport and continues until they leave the country.

9. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    It really worries me also but what the hell are you going to do about it,just accept it and move on and enjoy your visit! In Europe discrimination does not happen but her is different! I have just come back from Bohol,the tricycles are good,people are more polite Inc drivers on the road,it's cleaner and more organised with a better port and airport.maybe we should send the mayor of Dumagueteinfo to Bohol for a few months? :smile:

10. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Has Dumagueteinfo actually got a mayor ????????????????????????? Rhoody has been promoted ????????????????:D