Dumaguete Info Search

TXT-ing in the philippines

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by Rhoody, Oct 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    As chatting and txting is one of the most important things for 50% of the locals it is time to talk about that in a thread:

I jusy got a TXT 5 minutes ago...

TXT in : Hi Ruds, ds txt s my nw nmbr, dlte da old

TXT from me: hmmm, thank you, but who are you :confused:

TXT back: c hw U r, alrdy 4gt me

(translation for non residents:See how you are, you already forgot me)

I will find some more and post them later...

cheers

Rhoody

2. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    getting interesting ,hope rhoods your luvie wont get jealous about this txt .this a problem when guys r getting popular...might be fr a lady boy:wink:

3. OP
    OP
    Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    i have no idea, maybe its from one of our freelancing Divemasters, bt if it is important he/she/it will call again... my sweety hadba quite similar txt before, from her cousin, how she figured out

cheers

Rhoody

4. pickled_newt

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    the problem is some people wont put their names along with their txts for easy recogntion, takes painful minutes tracing the corresponding nos. to people u knew ,or perhaps they assume you have psychic abilities.

5. OP
    OP
    Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    no PN, it just shows extraordinary inteligence, nothing more nothing less

6. Cyndi

Cyndi DI Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    GOOD subject Rhoody! I just don't get this. I was surrounded by numerous teens that couldn't afford lunch yet texted all the time! When I asked them about this.......most of their texts were STUPID chatty stuff and unnecessary. I would think that it would be more important to eat than to text but apparently I was wrong. Who would have ever guessed that people on a strict budget would be so crazy as to waste so much money in texting!

Some many that I knew also had MANY unknown text mates too. Why would I be interested in texting someone I NEVER met before from Cebu or where ever? Why bother or waste my time or a peso?

People DRIVING motorcycles and texting really BLEW MY MIND! hehehe now that is crazy! It is bad enough here that people use their cell phones while driving which has increased accidents and now is against the law in many states.

7. OP
    OP
    Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    there is a law in the Philippines about TXT-ing while driving scooter:
    The driver/TXT-er need to:

1. listen also to pirated music on a chinese IPOD copy
    2. drink 2 red-horse long-neck before starting the trip
    3. smoking a cigarette
    4. Have a shopping-bag or equivalent (chicken, spare-tire etc.) in the other hand

If the person you see did not fullfill all requirements you should file a case, his/her behavior is highly illegal!! If the court decides the person is guilty, he is required to "pass-a-load" of min.10 peso at 8:00 am each moring to a friend of your choice !!!

cheers

Rhoody

8. dumaguetenia

dumaguetenia DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Guys...i have same headache too about that txt.. most of the time i need to callback. To make sure that i understood right what they txt me. And most of the time i got it wrong. So now they all block in my cell and i stop my txt messaging. Thats all thats it for me. I dont want to learn all those f..k words that is not at all in the vocabulary.
    rhoody...you made it funny though, but its true you will learn easily the chopchop words.

9. pickled_newt

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    when strange txts arrived i ignore them.any sensibl person txting will put their names down when using new accounts. unusual strange txs from nowhere more likely are from advertising networks, waiting if u bite . Can't be bothered with those type of txts ,my time too precious to spare responding useless and stupid txts.

I agree with cyndi ,i see the same thing with filipinos or kababayans esp the kids are obsessed with txting,even while walking on st can see many oogle into their cell phone not looking where theyr going ,or as if like a satelite navigation device,no wonder there is high incidence of cell phone snatching.
    And having txt mates ,feeling sick with this cheap stuff.

I have a friend back in PI who's into txting and meeting people thru it, she was kind of giggling as she told me , eeeeerrr , i actually cringed with the thought of it . I don't how people think about this type of txting as tool meeting new faces .You can perhaps meet psychopaths,murderers,rapist or the real boring people ,the outcasts who don't have anything interesting in them as the love of txting . And by the way ,i knew one girl back there in duma who's parents all in agony knowing their daughter got preggy,perhaps way lack of brain cells to distinguish from right and wrong ,had the misfortune of getting pregnant tru txting.Think about it , txting doesn't come with shoots of 'biological element' that can impregnate , but meeting dodgy strangers through it with only in mind having hanky panky as the main goal .I feel sorry for the parents.The boy did a runner when she got pregnant ,can't be trace anymore ,gone like puff of smoke ...and there it go,thru love of txting .

10. OP
    OP
    Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0

Cheers

Rhoody

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.