Dumaguete Info Search

Type of Phone Services

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by tfa1957, Aug 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tfa1957

tfa1957 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Hi all,

Jo and I hope everyone is doing well. We were discussing phone service for the Philippines when we move there and were wondering if anyone there uses Skype or Vonage there? My daughter was telling me today that she has a friend living in korea that uses Vonage with a U.S. phone number listed, sort of like a loophole in the Vonage system. Anyway, she said that in order to use Vonage in Korea and still have a U.S. phone number, they had to activate it in the states and simply use it in Korea. I was wondering if anyone in the Philippines has tried to do the same. The reason I ask is because all my family lives in the states and it would save a huge amount of money in long distance calls if I was able to take a U.S. phone number with me via Vonage, to the Philippines, and then simply have a separate cell phone for local use. Anyone have any thoughts, suggestions, etc., etc.,?:confused:

2. nema

nema One Hit Wonder?

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Types of phone services

Hello there:

Was browsing through this page and saw your mail. I know for a fact that if you subscribe to Vonage here in the US and then take the unit home. You can use it to call anywhere in the US for free. You will have a local US phone number and the only requirement would be that you have a DSL/cable computer connection in your house in Dgte. Also, I found out that usually they will let you sign up with contract and all for a minimum of a year. I was thinking of bringing my unit home but since I will only be there for two weeks, no use signing up on a full year's contract.

I know this for a fact since I have a few friends whose family are in the US that is doing this. The person in the US will just have to pay the monthly fee for subscribing to Vonage. It has to be the unlimited plan that starts at $25/months which is not bad considering all your calls to the US from the Phils is free. also, some parts of Europe (London, France) are free also cause my husband used this to call me when I was in France last May.

Hope this helps.
    nema

3. OP
    OP
    tfa1957

tfa1957 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Hi Nema,

Thanks for the information. I'm glad to here that I can use Vonage. That'll save my children the expense of long distance calls to me and save me a bit of change too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.