Dumaguete Info Search

Typhoon Durian

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by The Dane, Dec 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    This typhoon looks pretty scary and I am supposed to fly in to Manila tomorrow afternoon... I think i better put those plans on hold and change my flight :(

If this typhoon is going to be anything like the last supertyphoon that swept through Manila then I better stay here in calm Dumaguete, I am so happy being outside the typhoon belt now.

I hope the guys affected are ok and this typhoon is not as bad as the last one.

2. 2blackbelts

2blackbelts DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    typhoon

Hey Dane:

Even though the typhoon my hit Manilla, will Dumaguete experience any side affects from it at all?

In MO., in the states, it dropped from 72 deg yesterday down to 28. We got 2" of ice today, and expecting 8" of snow. All schools closed down, and basically, no one going anywhere.

I sure look forward to the climate of Dumaguete.

the best,
    2bb

3. OP
    OP
    The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    It's as calm as can be here in Dumaguete right now :smile:

We are outside the typhoon belt which is awesome :smile: too bad I choose travel right in to a typhoon hehehe

4. wak-wak

wak-wak DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  5. Kuya

Kuya DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Very sad situation. They are saying the death toll could be over 1,000, though many of the victims may never be found. I am blessed that my sweetheart Marilyn is in Dumaguete...doesn't seem like you are affected by these storms there (at least not on that same level).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.