Dumaguete Info Search

U.S. Consulate Cebu - Notification of Birth

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by PatO, Oct 19, 2011.

1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Has anyone taken their child and paperwork to the US consulate Cebu to complete US the citizenship process? I understand the requirements, wondering if an appointment is necessary and any surprises occurred. Thank you.

2. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Hi Pat, I just received this from John Domingo, he is in charge of the consulate in Cebu. This could help you.
    Ron

Dear Fellow Americans,
    There will be a SSA outreach on November 8th Tuesday and 9th Wednesday starting at 10am through 4pm. There will be several officers from SSA in Manila who will help you with questions and forms. Please let other Americans who you know about this outreach next month.
    Best regards to all of you
    John Domingo

3. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Thanks Ron, good info. Btw, how do you get on Mr. Domingo's email list?

4. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Yes I'm on his list, he has been a good friend for many years. Let me know if I can help and I will contact him.You can pm your e mail address and I will pass it on to him. If he gives me permission I will give you his personal number.
    Ron

5. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    We had a client who applied in Cebu just last month. It is walk in service in Cebu, go early. No need to hit the outreach, any normal working day.

Larry

6. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Thanks Larry. Do you happen to know, if in fact one's baby was born in wedlock here and we have all the required documents and proofs, is a DNA test required? Thanks

7. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Generally, if the baby is born in wedlock, no DNA test will be required. You will however be expected to be able to show relationship before conception, so plan to include pictures of your relationship from the beginning, though pregnancy, etc...

Larry

8. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Good news Larry, thanks. Takes the pressure of the trip off.

9. john reynolds

john reynolds DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Hey Pat, it may also be a good idea for You to apply for a U.S. Passport for Your Son while they're in town too.. Both of My Daughters have theirs, but unlike Ours they're only good for five Years.. I'll probably send My Commander down there because it will be time fir My Daughters renewal soon....

10. john reynolds

john reynolds DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I was fortunate enough to do the trip about 4 years ago to the Consulate in Cebu and I went ahead and stayed at the waterfront hotel where it's located.. Nice hotel, expensive, but conveniently located.. The fast craft to Cebu wasn't that fun though with my barely 1 Year old Jaylina....cheers