Dumaguete Info Search

Passports U.S. Passport Renewal for Child

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by PatO, Jan 15, 2016.

1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Has anyone gone through the process here to renew their child's U.S. passport? Thank you

2. Best Answer:
    Post #6 by expatron, Feb 18, 2016 (5 points)
  3. Cletus

Cletus DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +357 / 107
    Pat,

We are currently in states and one of the reasons was to renew our 5 year olds passport. We both had to take everything, including birth certificate, old passport and passport card and new passport photos, with filled out forms to the passport center. I know you are in Dumaguete and this probably not what you are looking for but it is our experience. Good luck in getting that taken care of. It was the same as the intial passport application because he is a minor. Forms can be downloaded at .gov website.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
  4. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Still trying to find out if I can renew my child's USA Passport in Cebu or if I have to go to Manila?

5. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    PatO
    Pat, not sure if you have seen this But apparently it Does handle Routine Passports. It goes on the say that the Application is Forwarded to Manlia for Adjudication.
    Consular Agency in Cebu | Manila, Philippines - Embassy of the United States
    Best I can do mate as a Brit.

6. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Thanks Jack, I did read that and it doesn't explicitly state they handle child renewals. However, there was an email link to the Cebu Consulate and it said they would respond to passport questions so I sent a message. Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  7. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Best Answer
    I was at the Cebu consulate a few months back and asked this same question, They do process minor's passport renewal. But if your child is born in the PI. the certificate of live birth abroad that was issued for the first passport is required and photo's of the child growing up.

Hope this helps.....

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1