Dumaguete Info Search

UK. DWP Playing games!

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by Jack Peterson, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    :wideyed: Following up on the Request for a notarial, I thought it might be Prudent to say why I need one. The UK, DWP ( Department of Works and Pensions) are sending out Life Certificates with a Totally unreasonable time Frame for return, They are taking 6/7 weeks to get here yet are expected back within 8 weeks. from date of issue. I rang the DWP yesterday ( They operate UK Time 8am til 8pm Monday to Friday, It is not expensive and they will call you back if you want them To. They gave me an 8 week extension on this issue as they are now aware of the Post problem here with Philpost. Anyone who is on a UK State pension, look out for these Life Certificates but Act Quickly, They will only give the Extensions when you Call. It takes only minuets, Listen to the Mumbo Jumbo then hit Number 1 (One) on your phone pad, this will take you straight to an Operator.
    If you have not received the form yet I would still inquire as it will save possible Disruption to your Pension Payments. :thumbsup:

Have your NI number to hand and Ring:
    +44 191 21 87777

Best of Luck Everyone! Lets be Forward Thinking & Protect ourselves :wink:

• Informative Informative x 5
  2. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
  3. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    From the link:
    Having been by your place I can see you are definitely suffering enough :biggrin: (I should suffer that much :happy: ) But I do see their point. I know of one person for sure who hid his friend's death from his embassy so that he could continue to steal the dead man's monthly pension check. He got away with it for a few months before the scam stopped working. (This friend, who shall remain nameless, nursed the dying man through the final stages of cancer and it was with the dying man's request that this be done as the only form of compensation he could offer.)

• Like Like x 1
  4. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,096 / 332
    Sharing arrangements are in place with Australia, Spain, the US and New Zealand, according to a DWP spokesman. Pensioners in the other countries will be sent forms to fill out and return when they reach the age of 75.
    I copied this from the link, so we don't have to do this until 75 ?
    I notice it also says pensioners in warmer countries won't get the annual heating allowance so surely we should get cooling allowance :wtf:
    I have a few years to go yet but i don't think i will have to worry about it too much as probably nothing left by the time i can claim it :vomit:

5. LENNY

LENNY DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +166 / 17
    I get a same type of form here also...from the U. S.... and it can also disrupt your :greedy: monthly ...I had that problem before and went thru the hassle of getting it fixed..Because thru the mail here it takes 1 month to arrive there.... and sometimes it can get lost floating around for a month...SO...I just give LBC here ... 1500p .. and it is ... registered... with a tracking number and arrives in 1 week to them......

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2016
  6. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Lenny this is the problem, the Mail here. Getting it back to them is OK as it will at worst be 5 days but when it takes 7/8 weeks to get to me then I have no chance of returning it on time 8 weeks. Worked it out last Night it was 8 weeks and 3 days getting to me. Odd that as with another Thread, They (The UK Government) can do things on Line when they want your Vote But when they owe to us and this Form is needed, OH NO! can't be done. :meh: Hey Ho just another day in Paradise :grumpy:

7. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    I've been needing to fill out a form for years stating I'm still alive and not working to keep getting my VA disability benefits. They are supposed to mail me the form but the last 2 years it never arrived at my US address on record but the follow ups saying they cutting my benefits arrive (late) because I didn't get in the form. I'm always quick on the phone with my VA guy who says my form did arrive usually 4 weeks later and is processing and not to worry.

At least with the VA I have 2 months to get in my form when its due, then 2 months after to fix the issue before they cut the benefits.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. mikial

mikial DI Junior Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +29 / 12
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I pay Her Majesties Inland Revenue tax on income from a rental property in the UK .
    Would it not be a simply task for the DWP to cross reference to see I'm still kicking ?

Just asking .

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. KINGCOLE

KINGCOLE DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +984 / 443
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I get a company pension and have to get a form notarized every couple of years, proving that I'm still alive. Compared to the hoops I have to jump through here, it's a small price to pay. If there were no checks, the system would be abused even more so than now. The DPW also require a " life certificate" for the very same reason. The delay in receiving and posting mail through Philpost are just one of the problems of living here, which we have to accept. The only problem I can see for myself, is filling out the claim form, but I have a year to sort that out. Not a perfect system, but we have no choice. If there are problems we can always ring: +44 191 21 87777, provided by Jack Peterson.

• Like Like x 1
  10. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Isn't there a UK version of this ? Virtual Mailbox | Mail Forwarding Service | PostScan Mail Where you would use a UK address for mail and they scan and email it to you?

• Informative Informative x 1