Dumaguete Info Search

Uk tax changes for British Expats.

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by Jack Peterson, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    As with most things from any, Countries Governments, (especially where Tax is concerned) I found this somewhat Gobbledy Gook, in the main it seems, that they are looking at taking away, our 10.000 pounds sterling, tax free Personal Allowance, It was a letter, from the Chancellor's office to an MP but I could not, get it to C&P or provide a link, so I found something else, to give a Heads up, to all Brits here.

Budget 2014 Expats Could Lose UK Tax Allowance : Financial Advice

If anyone, is interested and I would think, we should all be, (Brits that is) Please have a read and help me to understand it a little better, than I Do, although the link I put, is quite easy, to understand.
    Tax is something I had long Forgotten about as it is paid, at source. my Question would be, How, will it affect our pensions? at this time, the UK has both Tax and Social Security Agreements in Force but...................

Thoughts everyone!

Good morning. JP

2. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    I think its time to ask Roger to come back Jack. :confused:

3. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Don't worry you are not on your Pat Malone here mate, word is the Aussie Clown of Princes and his Champagne Cigar puffing henchman are about to do something sinister to Aussies living abroad also... Not to mention the disgusting display of ignorance and arrogance they have shown towards the poorest of the poor vulnerable Aussies already... :/

4. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    :( well JB, We have mentioned it to him but I feel he is waiting for someone else to mention it to him also:rolleyes:

Roger has not been to well and I think maybe, until things settle, he will rest Up. Getting used to heavy Meds, can have a big effect on us, especially when are getting on a Bit.

I text him Regularly and will mention it again. Hopefully we can get him out for a hour or so Soon. You know, take him out of himself for a while, Crisky we All need that sometimes.

5. oztony

oztony DI Senior Member Blood Donor

Ratings:
    +211 / 39
    JP , if you see Roger please give him my regards , hope he gets on top of it all in record time , I bumped into him a couple of weeks ago at the mall and he seemed spritely and fine , cheers Tony