Dumaguete Info Search

UN asks countries to increase tobacco tax to 70% of retail

Discussion in 'News and Weather' started by Cletus, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Cletus

Cletus DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +357 / 107
    WHO, World Health Organization was created by the UN. WHO is authorizing the UN to impose taxes?

Talk about taxation without representation. No one elected these people to anything yet they are trying to impose taxes?
    I'm a former smoker and hate cigarette smoke but at the same time these people have a right to smoke if they want. Seems strange that the UN is saying nothing about legalizing marijuana in the US or taxing same. As I remember from my wild and crazy days sucking in a big hit and holding it was harmful to my lungs, even worse than cigarette smoke.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/oct/14/uns-world-health-organization-urges-global-tobacco/

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+

So taxation without representation and then they refuse to even let us watch what they are doing.

3. OP
    OP
    Cletus

Cletus DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +357 / 107
    This is what we voted for, Hope and Change. Only now it is, "I hope we live thru this so we can change".

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I don't think anyone votes for the UN. And don't forget that it is not the president who makes laws. That is the on the House and Senate. The president is responsible for making sure those laws get enforced.

Republicans are just as responsible as Democrats for the state of the country today. They claim to be a different party but they both answer to the same people. It's only an illusion of choice. The government has never been efficient at anything.

• Like Like x 2
  5. tlrtraveler

tlrtraveler DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +217 / 47
    Wrye, Milton Friedman (renouned ecomomist) once commented "If you put the govt in charge of the Sahara Desert, in five yoears there would be a shortage of sand". True then, true now!

• Like Like x 2