Dumaguete Info Search

Union Bank Dumaguete

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by Tom2bad68, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Tom2bad68

Tom2bad68 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    My wife and I finally opened an account today at Union Bank. Man what a great experience. All we needed were 2 id's and my wifes ss or tin and were were good to go. They issued us working atm cards on the spot. It is almost like being in the states. They also said that us checks would clear in about 2 weeks and they could tell us at the time of deposit exactly when the funds would be available. All I can say is thanks to the Dumaguete Info forum for the information that led us to Union Bank.

2. derivative_guru

derivative_guru DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 1
    My US-drawn checks CLEAR the US bank in only about 4 banking days with any Philippine bank I have tried (BDO, PNB, ChinaBank, HSBC) but, they place a HOLD on the funds for 10 banking days or more...this is what slows things down, not the actual clearing. So, if your funds are available 2 weeks after depositing a check...that is news and good to know! Please keep us posted.

Glad to hear of your positive experience though!

3. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Tom,

after a bit longer than 1 year with Union Bank, I had no problem whatsoever with them. Really some steps ahead all other banks in Dumaguete. Well, I don't get US checks... but customer-service can really be called service...

4. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    The Float
    Wondering who gets the greater advantage of the float when I do my monthly transfer from US to BDO - BDO or US bank?

5. OP
    OP
    Tom2bad68

Tom2bad68 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Without a doubt BDO!

6. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

Our experience with Union Bank has been more positive than with any bank I've had anywhere. What a difference from most other Philippine banks.

Larry

7. Firefly44

Firefly44 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +71 / 4
    Just wondering if you can use your union Bank ATM Card at any of the other local Banks and if so is there a fee ?? Thanks.

8. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    We have the EON account, and yes, the ATM works in most ATM machines, as well as anywhere a Visa card is accepted. So far the biggest charge we have had for using other machines is P12. No minimum deposit, no monthly fees, P350 per YEAR maintenance. Ties easily to paypal. We opened a bank account in 20 minutes, and didn't give them any money!

Larry

9. Eyeinthesky

Eyeinthesky DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    EON Bank Of Dumaguete?

I wonder why it takes so long to enroll your account for internet banking. Is it that hard to create an account for this? of maybe they are no having the right people to do the job? My money is sitting there with Paypal, I cant link this card yet because I still cant log in to their shithole (https://ebanking.unionbankph.com/Eb...ON/jsp/user/RetailSignOn.aspx?RequestId=28033) who keeps an eye on you.

Maybe they are just good to foreigners.

10. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    that sounds more like a mistake from your side, you need to register your EON/Debit card with PayPal. Paypal send you the money to your account.
    No need at all to register any internet account to send money from PayPal to a bank account. if you withdraw 7k or more to a philippine bank account it is FoC