Dumaguete Info Search

Electronics & Appliances Unlocking Phones

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by Crystalhead, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,977 / 1,087
    My Wife has a Motorola phone thats needs un-locking, same inquire, where can this be done in Dumaguete if possible at all??

2. bootlegger

bootlegger DI Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +216 / 40
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Little hole in the wall cell phone shops may be able to do this, fairly inexpensively, just wander around the streets off the main drag(Perdices St), shouldn't be difficult to find.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    I would suggest my go to guy, he has been maintaining my computers and phones for years.
    His name is Glenn just inside the Cherry Mobile sign (right side) 2 doors north of Matiao hardware downtown. Very good and won't give a long nose price

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    If you have a relative that is about 12 give it them, they know everything about cell phones there is to know.:biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,977 / 1,087
    Thanks Gents. Will pass that on to the Wife. It's her duty to go unlock it, I don't own a Cell.

6. OP
    OP
    Crystalhead

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,977 / 1,087
    Think I have tried that 20 times or so. They always say it does not work, so I find another busted one to give them.

7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It depends on how and who the phone was "locked" by. Some phones cannot be (easily) unlocked. However:

It looks pretty simple if this was a carrier lock.

If it was "locked" with a passcode and you just can't log on...well, I'm not going to tell you how to do that. Maybe it could be taken back to the person that initially setup the password/code to have them unlock it...or you could just not buy stolen goods. :meh:

8. OP
    OP
    Crystalhead

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,977 / 1,087
    Thanks for the info.

9. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Then there was the report last week I think. Some guys 3 year old got his phone and he is now locked out for over 45 years until he can try again. His only recourse is to dump everything in the phone or buy a new one. Even Apple could not help him. :roflmao:

10. OP
    OP
    Crystalhead

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,977 / 1,087
    Best recourse IMHO is never use a cell, buy a cell nor own a cell. But that's just me it seems.