Dumaguete Info Search

up date on Phil Prins

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Anonymous, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    [​IMG]Neil Domaille
    Timeline
    Recent

:

Congratulation PNP!

After the case conference by CIDG, NBI and PNP, all suspects were already identified by the police. The CCTV footage will speak for itself. Some witnesses came up for more information. rounding ups is due soonest. One witness/suspect was invited but refused to give statement (no lawyer around) to the PNP Dumaguete and the media. No photos of suspect will be released as per request until cases will be filed

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. KINGCOLE

KINGCOLE DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +984 / 443
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I have just viewed the CCTV footage of the attack on Phil Prins, very disturbing. Nobody did anything until he appears to have been struck on the head, then like a pack of rats they attacked him when he was defenseless. Strange how when an expat is murdered there is very little coverage of this in the media. I hope the mayor and governor take some action to clean up this city, otherwise the word will get out and tourism will be affected.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    The video of what happened inside the bar is very relevant.

4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Very little on any local on local murder is shown on the media as well (and the friends, family and police specifically asked that the media withhold pointing fingers until their investigation was complete). The video on liveleak was shown on Philippine news.

5. Family_Guy

Family_Guy DI Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 3

6. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Live leak doesn't embed on the forum properly for some reason. I've removed the auto embed feature for the website. If people want to try to post the link again they can . I've seen the video and I have the CCTV footage of what happened inside the bar for about an hour prior to where the the Live Leak video starts. I will release that once the family has left the Philippines and the investigation is complete (If the PNP needs that portion of the video I'm more than happy to give them a copy of the raw-unedited footage). The death cannot be justified in any way but there is a lesson to be taken away from this: being drunk and confrontational/aggressive to locals can end in disaster. I really hope that those involved in the fight are brought in front of a judge and are held accountable for their actions.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. reich31e

reich31e DI Member

Ratings:
    +106 / 12
    Just saw the CCTV footage. This is a tragedy and could have been avoided. We don't know exactly what happened especially inside the Bar. But it appears that Phil
    were looking after a Filipino when he came out of the Bar. We don't know what the heated argument was all about outside of the Bar which caused
    this brutal attack on him.
    This is a reminder to all of us. Stay out of trouble with Filipinos if possible. They are not afraid to kill you for nothing. Just walk away from trouble if possible.
    I know it's not easy sometimes. But it's not worth fighting with them. At the end you will be the looser.
    I feel very sorry for Phil and his Family. Dying so young for nothing is hard to accept.
    And hopefully this cowards don't see the light of the day anymore.

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I just posted this elsewhere so I will share it here as well.

1. The first appearance of Mr. Prins comes when he goes into the "VIP" seating to ask to bum a smoke from the bars manager. Nothing unusual happens here or until the bar is preparing for closing.
    2. The bouncer (guy with his shirt off...and who hit Mr. Prins with a bottle) comes in and is walking around the bar with a flashlight looking for items/trash on the floor and turning off lights preparing for closing for about 15 minutes. The bar is mostly empty at this point.
    3. The bouncer goes to the back of the bar and goes out of site on the opposite side of the bar where Mr. Prins is sitting. At this point there seems to be some sort of disagreement/argument between an unknown (to me) female and someone sitting where Mr. Prins is supposedly sitting (Mr. Prins does not come into view in the video until later as he is sitting in a blind spot.) Another girl comes over and seems to be trying to get the upset girl to leave, she doesn't. At this point the bouncer comes back into view on another camera on the other side of the bar still looking for things on the floor with the flashlight.
    4. The bouncer then goes under the bar door on the right side of the bar and walks around to flip a light switch off on the side that Mr. Prins was sitting at and then climbs over the counter on the left side of the bar and continues looking for things on the floor with his flashlight. The parking boy (little guy) comes in the bar and starts helping the bouncer at this point.
    5. The bouncer and parking boy goes around to the right side of the bar checking the floor then comes back around to the left side still looking for things on the floor (visible to the camera in the front of the bar). They walk back behind where Mr. Prins for about 5 seconds then come back out still looking for things on the floor (the girl in number 3 is still talking/arguing with Mr. Prins when the bouncer goes out of view).
    6. When they come out Mr. Prins is following them with chest puffed out, arms out and head/chin out (basically a "let's fight" posture). The bouncer turns around to listen to what Mr. Prins is saying for a second or two then turns his head back down to the floor. When he does this Mr. Prins right arm comes up and taps/slaps the bouncer on the cheek (very lightly, the bouncer's head did not recoil any at all from this). The bouncer looks at him for a second after this and then turns around and walks around to the other side oft he bar.
    7. Mr. Prins follows but turns towards the door as if he is going to leave but then turns around throws his arms out again, puffs up his chest and walks to the right side of the bar where the bouncer is and makes some punching gestures, slaps his hands together and starts exchanging words with very aggressive facial expressions (he was wobbling quite a bit from being intoxicated as well). This goes on for about 10-15 seconds. The bouncer turns around again but Mr. Prins follow and continues saying something.
    8. The bouncer quickly turns around and grabs a large Red Horse bottle off the bar. At this point the manager stands up puts his arms around Mr Prins to try to calm the situation down and tells the bouncer to put the bottle down.
    9. The bouncer sits the bottle down on but has another smaller red horse bottle hidden in his other hand. Words continue to be exchanged. A girl sitting to the side of the bouncer sees the bottle and starts tapping the bouncer's arm to try to calm him down or tell him to put that bottle down (I'm not sure if this girl works there or not.)
    10. The manager tells the bouncer to go home and the bouncer sits the second bottle down and starts to walk out but appears to say something to the parking boy.
    11. The parking boy picks up a bottle and then follow the bouncer outside and sits the bottle on the ground by the bamboo pillar. Mr. Prins stands inside for a second watching the bouncer leave but quickly follows him outside.
    12. The rest can be seen on the Live Leak video.
    There could have been words exchanged between Mr. Prins and the bouncer any time the bouncer was out of camera shot but the bouncer doesn't seem to be visibly upset anytime in the video until around #7 above. The video inside makes it appear that Mr. Prins was trying to instigate a fight with the bouncer from the very start (the bouncer walked away 3 times). I'm certainly not trying to justify Mr. Prins getting hit with a bottle and ganged up on, that's just not right and wasn't deserved......BUT, if Mr. Prins had acted in such a manner towards me in a bar the fight would have happened long before it went outside (when he tapped/slapped me on the face when I tried to walk away). Again, it's not right that he died and the people responsible should be punished....but it was avoidable.

• Informative Informative x 5
  9. reich31e

reich31e DI Member

Ratings:
    +106 / 12
    Thanks Wrye83......sad to say, but Mr. Prins were "begging" for it.....it seems that Alcohol was his biggest Enemy on that Night....
    don't get me wrong, he didn't deserve it....but he lost his control over himself coz of excessive Alcohol intake....
    very very tragic that it turns out deadly....

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. gerry_bc

gerry_bc DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +608 / 34
    Well, it will be interesting to see what charges and against how many come out of this very sad event. I have watched and paused the video 30 times and have done some research on different legal descriptions under Philippine law and this is the closest I can come up with to describe what appears to have taken place outside. The mitigating factors will be what impact the inside cctv has on the Fiscal (prosecutor) assigned to look at the evidence and make his recommendations. Lets trust the system and all learn from this tragedy
    . According to the REVISED PENAL CODE, ARTICLE 248 Murder by Treachery is punishable by 20 to 40 years "reclusion perpetua" . A murder by treachery is described as... by enforcing means without risk to the offender arising from from the defense the offended party might make. The essence of treachery is that it comes , without warning, and with a swift, deliberate and unexpected manner, affording the hapless, unarmed, and unsuspecting victim no chance to resist or escape. For treachery to be considered, 2 elements must occur. 1 the employment of means of execution that give the persons attacked no opportunity to defend themselves or retaliate... and....the means of execution deliberately or consciously adopted.

• Like Like x 1