Dumaguete Info Search

Update Update to Forum Rules

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements & User Feedback' started by Rye83, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I have made several changes to the forum rules due to recent issues I have been seeing. These changes are mainly concerning the Showcase section of the website. Here are the changes:

I have said most of this before elsewhere on the forum so none of this should come as any surprise. The only change to really take note of is how businesses are allowed to advertise and promote their business on the website:

All business listings, advertising and promotional posts MUST be made in, and only in, the Showcase section. When creating a Showcase item a forum thread will automatically be created in the appropriate forum sub-forum. The thread linked to a showcase thread is for general discussion about the business and also provide a place for businesses to reply to customer discussions (not to post promotional posts). All businesses are allowed to make one (1) promotional post per month in the Showcase comment section.

I will create a notice about this update on the forum so that everyone will see these changes.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. Wayne cristillo

Wayne cristillo DI New Member Restricted Account Infamous

Ratings:
    +0 / 4
    Wow , you the man, do you feel the power

Wayne cristillo
    This message by Wayne cristillo has been hidden. This message may be off-topic or have violated forum rules. (Show message)
    • Bad Form! Bad Form! x 5
  3. Wayne cristillo

Wayne cristillo DI New Member Restricted Account Infamous

Ratings:
    +0 / 4
    Aw, are you the man that spoke is sucide, back in the usa

Wayne cristillo
    This message by Wayne cristillo has been hidden. This message may be off-topic or have violated forum rules. (Show message)
    • Bad Form! Bad Form! x 5
  4. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Quick reminder about posting "sexual" content on the forum: Please don't do it.

Google hit me up on an Adsense sexual content violation. The content in question was posted well over a year ago in the Funny Stuff section. Guess they just got around to seeing it. Moved the post in question to the NSFW forum where Adsense is suppressed. If you have permission to view that you can follow the link.

I didn't find it very offensive myself so I guess it's best just to post Google's rules on the subject so everyone knows how the new moderator in town feels about it :shifty:
    I suppose the post in question would have violated the 3rd.......and possibly the 4th rules? I'm not sure. :meh:

Googlerator also says......
    :coffee2:

Finished yet, Google? :meh:

• Informative Informative x 5
  5. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Not sure but I would say the last pic posted on the 'joke in question' would break a rule somewhere :sick: :vomit:

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. zarcon

zarcon One Hit Wonder? Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I read the rules and will comply to the best of my ability.

7. lingo

lingo One Hit Wonder?

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi it seems - as I am new on this forum - that I cannot access als sites. Always coming to
    Update to Forum Rules
    Any hints? Thanks

8. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I'll not sure I follow. What are you clicking that takes you to this thread?

9. jimf

jimf DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +142 / 18
    Rarely do I feel so compelled to post, but certainly most reasonable people would agree, that clear restrictions on Freedom of Speech, at least as free Americans know it, is now comfortably wrapped in the shroud of, "Hate Speech."
    Now it is forbidden to speak one's mind when certain material could offend some protected class...even when that "hate speech" is often support with scientific data and/or widespread custom that has spanned the ages.
    The long arm of tyranny will continue to tighten around our throats and minds if not ferociously attacked wherever seen.

10. jimf

jimf DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +142 / 18
    Please n
    Please note that I specifically refer to the Hate Speech content of the post i reply.