Dumaguete Info Search

Electronics & Appliances Upgrading an Android Tablet or Cell Phone

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by SteveB, Mar 20, 2013.

1. SteveB

SteveB DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Can anybody recommend a technician in the Dumaguete that is able to upgrade Android tablets and cell phones to the latest versions of Android (4.1 or 4.2)? Since many manufacturers, especially of the Chinese products, do not support their own firmware, "rooting" is required and that scares me since it can ruin the device if not done properly. I like the Android operating system but Android 4 is much more user friendly than 2.3.

2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Need to make sure your device has the capability to run 4.1 or higher. Have you looked at the requirements for the upgrade and compared to your phone? Many Chinese phones simply don't have the RAM to run it.

It is actually a pretty simple process. Most cell phone shops can do it for you with ease. Just be sure to check the requirements on your own as they will not check this and just do whatever you ask.

3. clear copy

clear copy DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    i upgraded my android from gingerbread to ice cream sandwich. theexperience wasn't as smooth so went back to gingerbread. my phone had a 1 GB single core snapdragon processor and 512 MB of RAM.

4. OP
    OP
    SteveB

SteveB DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Well, no luck finding anybody that can perform the upgrade. The tablet exceeds the requirements for 4.1 but none of the cell shops know how to root the firmware to install and adjust Android; at least, none that I have found. From what I have read, it is fairly difficult if the manufacturer did not provide the upgrade.