Dumaguete Info Search

US Balibayan service that will pack and ship?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by SurfinUSA, Oct 29, 2011.

1. SurfinUSA

SurfinUSA DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Does anyone know of a balikbayan store in the US I could have things mailed to, and they would pack it and ship it when they'd gotten everything I'd sent?

2. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    Someone posted an answer to your inquiry earlier, but I can't find it.

3. OP
    OP
    SurfinUSA

SurfinUSA DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I found a place in Calif

4. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    i'd give forexworld a thumbs up. there's a thread here
    http://www.dumagueteinfo.com/board/general-chat/balibayan-box-solution-8736.html

http://forexworld.com/
    norm : )~

5. john reynolds

john reynolds DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I've used Forex for almost 10 Years now and as a matter of fact I just sent two boxes to Duma this past week. What I'd like to add though is what used to take 30 Days to arrive to Your doorstep can now take up to 2 Months or a little more.. From My understanding this has to do with random inspections by U.S. Customs.. Hopefully it's just luck of the draw though and there's still a chance for the boxes to reach Duma in 30-45 Days.. Another nice thing about Forex is that You can track Your boxes whereabouts and routing online. They'll let You know when it was loaded into the Sea Container, when the Vessel departed, when it arrives to the wherehouse in Marakina and when it sets sail to the visayas. If nothing has changed, it should arrive to Bacolod and get loaded onto a truck for it's journey around Negros to it's final Destination....good luck! Cheers....

6. john reynolds

john reynolds DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    BTW, a standard sized box ( unlimited weight ) from here in California to Dumaguete is $80. There's also a jumbo sized box for a few dollars more. Cost to ship to Manila is still around $65 and possibly a little bit more if Your shipping to Mindinao..

7. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    No wonder I couldn't find it as the correct sPeLliNg is balikbayan! O-|