Dumaguete Info Search

Embassy Info US Consulate Cebu - Limited Hours

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by Rye83, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Closure and Limited Services Until Further Notice

The U.S. Consular Agency in Cebu is closed and will reopen to offer limited services May 22-26, 2017.

The U.S. Consular Agency will offer routine service for notaries, legal capacity affidavits and passports during normal walk-in hours from 8:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Applications for Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) will be accepted by appointment only. To book a CRBA appointment with Cebu, please email AmConCebCRBA@state.gov. Limited appointments are available on a first-come-first-serve basis.

The U.S. Consular Agency in Cebu will open again from June 19-23, 2017 for routine services.

The U.S. Embassy will update the public on any changes and the future schedule of services.

Consular Agency Cebu | U.S. Embassy in the Philippines

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. msls6

msls6 DI Member Blood Donor Veteran Navy

Retired
    Ratings:
    +60 / 36
    Blood Type:
    O+
    In May, I followed their instructions and sent an email to book a CRBA appointment in Cebu. Three weeks later I received a reply that there will be no appointments in Cebu until further notice and I should mail copies of all documents to Manila to get an appointment.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Thanks. I actually posted this because someone had went there for that exact reason (didn't bother to check hours of operation), had asked me why it wasn't open and for me to make an appointment for them.

4. msls6

Retired
    Ratings:
    +60 / 36
    Blood Type:
    O+
    As difficult as it has been to gather the required documents to get an appointment for my own child, I could not imagine you would be able to get an appointment for someone else. I would start at Birth | U.S. Embassy in the Philippines

There is a 4 page CRBA checklist at https://ph.usembassy.gov/wp-content...1/CITIZENSHIP-CRBA-Checklist-2017-January.pdf

CRBA U.S. Embassy Manila is a link to an expat's appointment experience in Manila in 2011.

5. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    She went to the consulate because she was told that they would check over the paperwork and make the appointment for her. I've seen the checklist but her situation is a bit "difficult". The "father" is lazy, broke, not very bright, doesn't care about the kid, gets upset and threatens to not do the paperwork or withhold child support anytime he is asked if it is done, lost his passport 5 years ago and never reported it, doesn't have a valid visa to stay in the Philippines, was married to another Filipina with a kid, currently has an additional Filipina pregnant, is very likely senile and is just a shitty human being in general. If he doesn't get his sh*t together and stop acting like a complete piece of sh*t I will likely help this young lady make what is left of his pathetic life very very difficult.

• Like Like x 2
  6. msls6

Retired
    Ratings:
    +60 / 36
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I was passing thru Cebu and went to the Consulate on one of the 2 days they were open in May. One (of many) checklist items was a notarized copy all the pages of my old passport. While waiting for my number to be called, a consulate employee was

7. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Scratching Head.jpg Go one please astound us! :smuggrin:

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. msls6

Retired
    Ratings:
    +60 / 36
    Blood Type:
    O+
    sorry for the interrupted reply - I thought I sent it yesterday. I don't know why only the non-astounding part was displayed.
    ... a consulate employee was going down the line to find out what people were there for, and looking over there paperwork. She informed me they would make copies at the appointment, and notarizing only required if I was not going to be there for the appointment.
    So yes, Cebu consulate does look over your paperwork, if you are there on the few days they are there.
    The father of the child has to show proof that he is an American citizen, so I would think he needs a passport. The CRBA checklist, mentions genetic testing, but cautions against getting it without their recommendation.
    I had LBC deliver the forms and documents to the U.S. Embassy in Manila and got a CRBA appointment in 3 weeks.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    The "father" has refused to go to Cebu because he says that Abu Sayaf will kidnap him. So.......yeah, that's what's being dealt with. :banghead:

I wonder if it the fact that the girl was 17 when she got pregnant from a 76 year old man will make this even more complicated....or might have something to do with the reluctance to get this done. :meh:

10. Plainspoken

Plainspoken DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +325 / 280
    Any leverage to be had from the age of consent being 18 here? At least that is what I've been told. Statute of limitation, I don't know about, but in most countries it is long up to no limit for that sort of thing. Might warrant some attention since the age difference is so great, I don't know.