Dumaguete Info Search

US Social security come to Dgte ever?

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by ViperACR, Dec 15, 2011.

1. ViperACR

ViperACR DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I had heard they may have outreach events in town off and on.

Other than that, can I apply for my regular SS benefits in Cebu somewhere?

TIA

2. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    This is the web site for the Manila SSA office, located at the US embassy. Cebu does not provide this service. Social Security Administration Division | Embassy of the United States Manila, Philippines
    I found them to be extremely helpful both in email and telephone. Both contacts are on the web site. They will tell you for sure but I believe for fraud prevention you will have to make an onsite appearance to apply. I went there, sat down with the administrator and she keyed in all the required data real time. There are certain documents that they ask you bring along, divorce, decree, DD214 if applicable, etc. You can find the requirements list. It was not as difficult to apply as a lot of other red tape loaded transactions.

3. Don

Don DI Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 1
    Tia,
    Not to disagree with PatO one bit....but I read on another message board where you could telephone the embassy in Manila and they would take your application over the phone!
    I do NOT know if this is true - I only pass along what I read. I did my own when I was in the states, so it's not relevant.
    Don

4. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Don, call the US embassy in Manila if you are going to post a statement like this. We only want facts posted, not bs here
    say.