Dumaguete Info Search

USDIRECTEXPRESSCARD

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by LENNY, Jan 23, 2016.

1. LENNY

LENNY DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +166 / 17
    Question...Has anyone had there debit (Mastercard for US S/S) sent here directly???...And has there ever been any problems??

2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    How will your bank be mailing it? Personally, I would send it to a friend/family member and have them mail it as certified/insured/priority mail (whatever method would keep it out of the Philippine Post Office's hands).

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    Guess would depend on the bank if it can be done but all the banks I know will only mail it to your current address on file and generally require that address to be in the US. Plus the shipping of such being quite a bit more expensive to the RP then in the Philippines is another issue and I doubt the bank would want to deal with that as well especially considering that doing so would be very rare of a service to customers with so few needing such a mailing.

Most would just have it sent to a friend or family member in the US and then mailed seperately. I would also suggest that as seeing on the mailing that its from a bank is very likely enough for it to get opened and vanish in customs (of course they would claim its someone else).

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. KINGCOLE

KINGCOLE DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +984 / 443
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I bank with HSBC in the UK and when my debit card expired, they sent my new one by courier.

• Informative Informative x 2