Dumaguete Info Search

Used bicycle

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by Germex, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Germex

Germex DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dear Friends,

My lazy Pilipino brother in law doesn't like to accept a work in Dumaguete, because he has no bicycle and tricycles are too expensive to go from Sibulan to Dumaguete and back. For this reason, and to get him moving, I want to buy for him a second-hand bicycle. Please, my friends, where in Dumaguete is a shop selling second-hand bicycles and what is the range of prices for them.

Thanks a lot for all your help!

Friendly yours,

Ludwig

2. derivative_guru

derivative_guru DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 1
    Ludwig has given the perfect example of why a foreigner should NEVER live near his Filipina's family. If they were several islands away, the lazy brother-in-law could not pester you for transportation.

If a tricycle isn't good enough for him, Ludwig, just let the lazy b@st@rd chase rats!

If he continues to bother you, move to another island. If you your wife gives him the forwarding address leave her and go to Thailand.

Sorry to be so harsh, but useless people are useless people...

3. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    EZ ride from Sibulan to Duma is only P10. For the cost and upkeep of a cheap bicycle that will then have flat tires and need maintenance and repairs he could ride the EZ ride for a year at least.

Larry

4. derivative_guru

derivative_guru DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 1
    The reality is that he probably asked for a motorcyle first because he didn't like to use a trike/EZ Ride/Jeepney or Bus...then, when he felt he couldn't get a motorbike, he dropped down to a bicycle. Either way, his plan is to pawn it once he gets it. He has no job, right?

If he actually gets hired for a job (which is unlikely given his predisposed propensity to be a lazy, lying b@st@rd)...then, after 6 months on the job, using public transportation, perhaps you can reward him with a bike. Hell, even I would spring for it, if he can do it! I won't hold my breathe....

5. Naaling

Naaling DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ludwig

Derivitive guru's responses may seem harsh and cynical, but he is also 100% correct. You already know what your brother in law is like, so why put up with him at all? He will only take advantage of you and then come back for more.

Let me ask you one quesion. I don't know where you come from, but in your home country, how much time would you have for someone, a relative or not, who constantly lies to you and treats you with disrespect - I suspect you would very quickly tell them where to go. So why do you think you have to put up with this sort of behaviour in the Philippines?

6. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Lazy people don't ride bicycles. Too much work. :wink:

7. OP
    OP
    Germex

Germex DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Used bicycle

Dear my Dumaguete friends!

I thank you a lot for all your advice about the planned purchase of a used bicycle for my lazy brother in law.

Yes, the Philippines are just another world. I was thinking to help my brother in law to get a job in Dumaguete.

His wife wrote to us: "Never give him a bicycle, he will roam around the whole day and at the end of the day he will finish his modest salary just at a "burial" (I call it barial). My friends, you were just right!

Friendly yours,

Ludwig

8. gmcvandura

gmcvandura DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    O no, not in thailand, they will ask an for an Elephant..

9. gmcvandura

gmcvandura DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Ludwig, didnt you read the small fine print when you marry your wife? maybe you missed the words.. used bicycle,lazy brother in law, etc,etc,etc.. next time read the fine print..

10. gmcvandura

gmcvandura DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You sound very pistttt, do you have one in your backyard?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.